• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura may come to australia but no NSX replacement.

The August 2007 "Wheels Magazine" has an article about Honda's agressive plan for Australia with quotes from Honda Australia senior director, Lindsay Smaller.

Here are the key points from the article:
  • back in 2002 Honda sold just 23,587 cars in Australia.
  • 4 years later that figure has risen to 54,202, an increase of over 130%. So far in 2007, the brand is up 19% and is on track to crack 60,000 sales by years end.
  • Honda Japan wants to see Australia be the number one 'tier two' non-manufacturer in Australia by 2010 with a target of 80,000 cars. By 2015 they want 100,000 sales
  • If Australia can reach 100,000 sales it will be viable to establish the premium Acura brand here.
  • The NSX replacement will not be coming to Australia. The gap between the Legend and the estimated $250k for the NSX is too great.
  • There are expected to be an increase in Honda dealerships in Australia - from 96 to 124 over the next 4 years
  • Honda's agressive plan is to roll out 14 new or replacement models over the next 4 years. This will include diesels and the latest VTEC versions.

Good find! Can't say I'm shocked given that Honda Australia weren't too interested in selling the first NSX.

Slow day at work hey mate? :biggrin:

"Work was great; unlike some people though i didnt spend it... on Prime"
- NeoNSX 14/8/07

Good find! Can't say I'm shocked given that Honda Australia weren't too interested in selling the first NSX.

Slow day at work hey mate? :biggrin:

"Work was great; unlike some people though i didnt spend it... on Prime"
- NeoNSX 14/8/07

Wow... another aussie in this forum?!?! :rolleyes: :biggrin: Since the huge January cruise all the aussies have gone underground (hehehe... hiding from cops? ;) )

That's a great quote... too bad you didnt have a voice recorder on your phone when i said that. So i can disclaim it. :D

Back