• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura of Concord

Just curious if anyone has taken their NSX to Acura of Concord and what their experiences were. I did a search but only found 1 post. Thanks in advance!!!

I haven't had service there for the NSX, but bought my GSR there in 1998. They do a good job on sales and post sale service/support. Their techs always did a good job servicing my GSR in the past.

I've called them for NSX service and their prices seemed competitive. Their service advisors are very friendly and were willing to arrange for me to meet with their NSX techs and "interview" them before bringing my NSX in for service. I didn't get the service done, so I never actually got to experience their service quality on the NSX. You should call them and ask to meet their NSX techs and then decide if you want to go there. My guess is that they will do a good job.

Back in 2000 I had them do a PPI on the 1997 NSX that I ended up purchasing, they failed to notice that the front end of the car had been re-painted, they failed to notice that the driver side window was not working properly, and that the passenger side mirror wasn't working properly as well.

I had #2 and #3 resolved at a different dealership under warranty, but #1 was a biggie, since I later had to confront the seller about not having that information disclosed during the transaction :(

To say the least I was not too happy with them back then. Hopefully their service has improved since.

Ken

I guess my comment would be the more obvious one.

Given that you have signed up to attend the July 9th hosted BBQ at Acura of Stockton, and given we have dealers like Niello Acura and now Acura of Stockton which have come forward to help the NSX community, why would you take it to another dealer even if it may be somewhat more convenient :confused:

Well, since you asked about Concord Acura- here it goes.

I bought an Integra from them (1992?) and found service to be fine - they even installed a DC Sports suspension on the car for me.

Then in May 2000 I bought a 2001 CL Type S (Burlingame Acura since Concord was quoting me $2,500 over MSRP to get the car - this knowing I had paid cash for my last Acura which they sold me) and took it to Concord for service when it had 5K miles on it, August 2000.

While at Concord Acura the back bumper was damaged and the damage was not disclosed when I picked the car up. Fortunately for me I checked the car before I took it off their lot and discovered the damage. I pointed it out to their service manager; my writer was already gone for the day. He told me they could not have done it. The next day, the actual service writer that took my car in confirmed it was flawless and dentless when dropped off. (I always walk them around the car to make sure there are no issues re dings, scratches, etc. Twice I have had a car damaged while in for service.) They agreed to have the damage fixed. I cautioned them strongly about doing some fly-by-night quickie and they assurred me it would be just like new. OK, to cut this short, after 3 attempts to repair the damage and failing, they took a new bumper off a new car and put it on my car.

Fast forward to my '01 NSX-T, bought in June 2004. I wanted to take it in for a 30K service even though it only had 11K miles on it. Basically I wanted a baseline on the car to make sure everything was as it should be since the car came from out of state and I never met the prior owner.

I called Concord in advance of the car arriving and inquired about their price for a 30K service on my car -specifically making sure they knew it was an NSX and not an RSX. English was the issue that caused me to make sure we were reading from the same page of the same book. They gave me a price.

I then called Pleasanton Acura and got a price from them for the same service. By the time I got off the telephone with Pleasanton, Concord called me back and said they had made a mistake on their price and needed to raise it by almost 50%. I told them that was interesting because Pleasanton had quoted me almost the identical price they had initially quoted me. Then the service mamager came on the line and told me they would stick by their initial quote, since they had given it to me already, in light of the fact I was an established customer. I said OK and scheduled the 30K with Concord for July 6th, 2004.

The next call I got, later that same day, was from their servicer manager advising they could not meet the price they had quoted and that was that. They claimed the difference was that the valve job was 6 hours all by itself and they would lose money. I said that a valve job was a part of the 30K service as indicated by the book and the service manager said, well that may be but it is really optional. Besides with only 10K on your car it is not going to need one. I told him the point was I wanted all the valves checked because I was just buying the car and wanted to make sure all was correct. He said he would not do the service for the price quoted. I told him Pleasanton had said they would and that if he could not match the price, sticking with their initial price, I would not return to their dealership again. I then followed that up with a letter to the owner of Concord Acura and never heard a single word from them.

I took my car to Pleasanton Acura and they did the service and the only issue I had was they spilled coolant during their service work under the hood and did not wash it off. Strong smell forced me to return so they could wash it out. Very nice people and took excellent care of my car otherwise. Two other NSX's in for service at the same time mine was there - made me feel good.

So - as far as I am concerned, Concord Acura is not on the map. That is my 2 cents worth for anyone who is interested. I do know that Concord Acura went through a few service managers during that time period, but to be frank, when the owner or his designee did not get back to me after I took the time to write, that was the end of them for me.

Good luck.

Wow. Cross Acura of Concord off of the list. I didn't realize they had become that bad. The last time I was there was in 1999 or 2000. Sounds like they went way downhill since then.

The interesting thing is that Acura of Concord and Acura of Pleasanton are both owned by Hendrick Automotive Group. It's unfortunate that their service experiences would vary so greatly.

Last edited:
I strongly recommended Acura Pleasanton for services. I purchased my 92 from Brandee (NSX88) two months ago and it was a pleasant to do business with them. I personnally spoke with the tech when he inspected my NSX before I drove it home. He said he has been servicing couple NSX since he works there and most of them are supercharged. I feel very comfortable with them and I will go back there for my oil change and get timing belt water pump done.

Nalesh - I know, I pointed it out to them too and they did not seem concerned that they were owned by same person. I can only guess there is/was some rivalry going on.

I was mad enough about the way I was treated that I took the time to write a letter to the owner. I was floored when someone didn't get back to me. I have had 4 Acuras.......and if they make a new NSX will do my best to convince Ann Marie that we should have one of them too.
See ya on 7/9. Michael

Thanks to everyone who gave their impressions of Concord Acura. I don't have any services due but I was just trying to feel them out just in case I needed to take my car to the dealer.

Hrant I would love to take the car to Niello Acura or Acura of Stockton, but being that I commute from Fairfield to Santa Clara everyday for work it seemed logical to find a dealer somewhat on the way. In order for me to take the car to Sacramento or Stockton I would need to take a day off work. Don't get me wrong, if it is for something major and need to leave the car for an extended period of time then I would probably take the time off. But it's good to know of other reputable dealers that might be able to take care of "minor" issues if they pop-up. Owners are lucky to live by dealers that truly support the NSX community!!!

Last edited:
Now its my turn! Acura of Stockton will give the best service and quality that you can find anywhere. There NSX tech is the only one to work on it, drive it, even sit in it and when it leaves it will be perfect maybe in better shape than you brought it in. Tony knows everything there is to know about the NSX inside and out. When you come up to Stockton on the 9th talk to Ryan the service manager and Tony the NSX tech and get your own comfort level you wont be disapointed (ask Ryan for a BBQ discount and see what he says)
Thanks, and see you in Stockton

Steve

ryan1926 said:
Hrant I would love to take the car to Niello Acura or Acura of Stockton, but being that I commute from Fairfield to Santa Clara everyday for work it seemed logical to find a dealer somewhat on the way.

Does it have to be a dealer? How about Don at Hilltop in Daly City? It's kinda sorta on the way in your hellish commute.

'Twere me, I'd just go ahead and take the day off for the car work. My boss is very cool about stuff like this, and I even get to log the time as "sick time" (well, the car is a little under the weather, after all...).

I was searching for a brake job....fluids and pads, rotors turned etc. Didn't want to mess with myself.

CONCORD ACURA QUOTED $700.00 it was 300 for the rear and 400 for the front. I laughed and walked away.... :eek:

Originally Posted by ryan1926
Hrant I would love to take the car to Niello Acura or Acura of Stockton, but being that I commute from Fairfield to Santa Clara everyday for work it seemed logical to find a dealer somewhat on the way.

You might want to try Andy at Walnut Creek Import Service. He used to take care of all the NSX's at a Bay Area dealer prior to owning his own shop. He has two shops now and he personally performs the work on the NSX's that come in. Call him and see what you think at 925-939-8761. You can tell him that Matt with the blue NSX sent you. I usually take my car to him at his Brentwood location because it's a little closer.

Thanks again for all of the leads! It's always good to know or reputable shops in the area!

Back