• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Acura Style magazine & 2002 NSX

BB

Experienced Member
Today in the mail I received something called "Acura Style" magazine. It's basically nothing but a bunch of long drawn-out ads for Acura, but it does have 6 pages dedicated to the 2002 NSX which are moderately interesting.

On the inside cover of the magazine there is a two page spread of the "new" NSX. Nothing we haven't already seen so far, however the picture is much higher resolution than what I've seen on line so far.

All I can say is bleech! The higher resolution reveals those two toe hook covers are so incredably cheap looking. It reminds me of the front end of a cheap Integra. No, what it really reminds me of is the cheesy front license plate plastic pop-out on the front of the C5. You know, like how a C5 without front license plate looks?

Anyone else receive this yet? I've been on Honda's mailing list ever since I first got my car two years ago, yet this is the first issue of Acura Style I've ever seen.

What about a scan for us poor oversea readers?
biggrin.gif

The higher resolution reveals those two toe hook covers are so incredably cheap looking.

They're not tow hook covers (let alone toe hook covers). They're for something else, I forget what. Of course, the original '91-01 tow hook cover was nothing great to look at, either. However, car manufacturers sometimes need to make something functional, and they blend it in as best they can. There are far worse examples around, such as a certain German marque which puts plugs in the middle of body panels to cover the car's jacking points.

Anyone else receive this yet? I've been on Honda's mailing list ever since I first got my car two years ago, yet this is the first issue of Acura Style I've ever seen.

I've been getting it regularly ever since they introduced it a few years ago to replace their previous magazine, Acura Driver.

I used to get Acura Driver and then Acura Style, but I stopped receiving it sometime last year I believe. Maybe someone got tired of my kvetching about Acura and pulled me off the mailing list
wink.gif

So, to continue my sour streak:

I filled out a request for a 2002 NSX brochure on the Acura website recently. Within a day or two I received an e-mail from my local dealer (with whom I'm not really on very good terms anymore).

The e-mail said that due to high demand they don't have any 2002 NSXs in stock right now, but they will call me soon to discuss alternatives. Hah. Hahaha. HAHAHAH!

Let's make a list of other Acuras similar to an NSX which might make a suitable alternative... ok, done. That was a short list. I am morbidly curious to know if they are really going to call and try to sell me an RSX in place of an NSX.

"due to high demand"? Really? What are they producing this year, 250 for the entire US? The NSX has possibly the absolute lowest demand for any car from a major manufacturer in the entire history of automobiles! Heck, some of the very low volume boutique automobile builders produce that many in a year.

Granted, the dealer in question has never stocked an NSX on their floor so I wouldn't expect that to change. It's just that the "reasons" given for them not having one are really quite humorous in a sad sort of way.

Tell me again what value these guys add to the purchase process for which they deserve to earn something for selling the car? I seem to keep forgetting...

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 09 January 2002).]

My entire story is about the real-world marketing on the 2002 NSX, and I believe one of the main points in BB's initial post was the 2002 NSX content in it.... I also commented in answer to his question that I used to receive the magazine a few times a year (quarterly?) but I have not received an issue for about a year.

If that is not enough I will comment directly on the magazine: I feel Acura Style magazine IMO was a decline from Acura Driver. It was less car-oriented and more lifestyle oriented (as you would guess from the change in the name of the magazine). There was nothing wrong with the magazine itself, but there are plenty of lifestyle magazines out there. If I'm going to get something from Acura I would rather it be car oriented. I'm glad to hear they did a focus on the 2002 NSX though.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 09 January 2002).]

As a relatively new NSX owner, I found the article on the NSX real informative. I learned some stuff, stuff that makes me appreciate my car more.

Can't wait for warm weather
smile.gif

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

Yea, I got my Acura Style mag today. I've never been impressed as I guess I was expecting something about ACURA cars, or at least something oriented towards cars. The NSX article seemed to be the same stuff found on the internet, nothing reallty new, but nice pictures. Rest of the mag is a waste of paper IMO.

hg

Back