• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Longest member without an NSX - finally gets one!

HaHa I bet there are some owners thinking that is photshoped snow....the horror....:p

awesome read. must have been surreal finding one so close and cherished. love the amount of provenance
Thank you, it has been splendid certainly. As you had asked about on your thread as far as the "value" or "price."

Well at a for what I paid for mine, I could have bought 5 of them at a certain point in time. But life/mortgage/kids/career many things were in the way.

value or price is all relative. Did I overpay? My 25 year old self says yes. Did I underpay? Who knows.

Is it the right car, at the right time, for me to enjoy? Resoundingly yes. So it is worth it to me.

Thank you, it has been splendid certainly. As you had asked about on your thread as far as the "value" or "price."

Well at a for what I paid for mine, I could have bought 5 of them at a certain point in time. But life/mortgage/kids/career many things were in the way.

value or price is all relative. Did I overpay? My 25 year old self says yes. Did I underpay? Who knows.

Is it the right car, at the right time, for me to enjoy? Resoundingly yes. So it is worth it to me.

totally get it. ive been going back and forth on keeping the s2k and waiting a few years to get the nsx so i can have both or just sell the s2k now and get in on a nsx now. timing is definitely everything

To sell my NSX to someone who really appreciates the car made it easier for me to part with it! I loved the car for 25 years and still do, but at my age of 88 it became too difficult to drive a manual transmission car. Now I will give him a run for his money with my Lexus LC500 automatic at the next NSX meet.

To sell my NSX to someone who really appreciates the car made it easier for me to part with it! I loved the car for 25 years and still do, but at my age of 88 it became too difficult to drive a manual transmission car. Now I will give him a run for his money with my Lexus LC500 automatic at the next NSX meet.
It will always be "Frank's NSX."

It is one of the best experiences I have, which has been only enhanced by you and your family and your continued friendship. I truly appreciate being the current steward of the NSX, and giving it a loving home as you have and carrying on your mantle for the car with love, joy, and enjoyment.

See you in 3 weeks or so!

I still owe you the Lotus ride - I haven't forgotten.

totally get it. ive been going back and forth on keeping the s2k and waiting a few years to get the nsx so i can have both or just sell the s2k now and get in on a nsx now. timing is definitely everything

Now hold up....I sold my S2000 to buy my NSX....only to buy another S2000 later. Now I have both, and all is right with my world. I stare at them in the garage every day. Ahhhh....

Even saying that... if the right NSX comes along at the right price and you have to move on it, do it. There are 60k S2000s, you can always find another.

AFTER

Attachments

• IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2626.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    499.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2637.JPG
    IMG_2637.JPG
    475.1 KB · Views: 10
That's an awesome story and so happy for you. My story is no different and finally after years of going back and forth and having bought and sold many cars, I have finally decided to get one. I am now going through the homework phase as to what year, color I want, what years to avoid, what are the common issues on these cars and whether I want a stock or FI one.

The PO is the type of person I would like to buy my NSX from too, the owner who has taken pride in owning the car *well done Frank". All I need to do now is find Frank's brother who has a nice low mileage FI, 6 speed NSX that he's willing to pass it on to another enthusiast. LOL

Back