• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura vs. Porsche

Perhaps I was a bit strong with my words, but I know of zero P-car examples pumping out 700+hp from the factory. Nor do I know of any Acura's pumping out 450hp from the factory.

If you are talking about tuner cars, then stating 'Acura' as struggling is a bit slanted.

Btw, since that was your first post... welcome to the forums.

Yah, a little baiting. And those would not be stock engines. With very little cosmetic mods, I think the NSX is one of the hottest looking cars on the road. I own a 930 and love the torque. I'm thinking seriously of getting an NSX but afraid I'll never be satisfied.... especially since the 930 has sooo much more HP potential.

There is enough potential in the NSX to make you happy. But like with most cars it takes a lot of $/time/patience/turbo:).

Elite,
In your other cars you list a GSX with over 570hp..WOW! I would tip my hat to Acura before Mitsu, is your NSX capable of those kinda #'s?

All I have to say is that the 727rwhp NSX TT I rode in is the fastest thing I have ever seen. Way faster then any P-car I have been in, even any modded ones. So there.:)

Look up the Factor X NSX.

700+rwhp from a 3.0L NSX with twin turbos.

There are several others on this site with 500+rwhp NSX's.

Any hp number is achievable, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

Yeah, the GSX should be my slow car:). Making power isn't really a problem with these cars, at this point most of the people holding themselves back in the 500's whp range, is because of drivetrain breakage. We are looking into solutions to this problem, because we are looking to go well beyond those #'s.

Elite said:
Yeah, the GSX should be my slow car:). Making power isn't really a problem with these cars, at this point most of the people holding themselves back in the 500's whp range, is because of drivetrain breakage. We are looking into solutions to this problem, because we are looking to go well beyond those #'s.

hahah lol the first time i saw a stock looking white street GSX do 9.5 ET in the 1/4 i almost $hit a brick, alot of my buddies had DSM's and alot have gone to the EVO now, those are some go-fast-crack cars with small mods :biggrin:

haha if you took away the turbo on the P car i wonder how much HP'd you get =) 3.8 would be about 360 hp eh? its pretty silly to compare FI vs NA for a given displacement, of course the FI will put out more

hehe if you want crazy hp, you might want to try a Supra :biggrin: 1200 rwhp LOL

Last edited:
Just an FYI, it isn't ALL abour power. This is coming from someonw who owns a 525hp E36 M3, an 03 S55 with a little bit of work (never dynoed), and the NSX...

Look here if you really want to see what a STOCK NSX 3.2 can do...
http://nt5.npsis.com/users/c/chiggy69/CarCrazed4Life/NSX/cd2001.rm

As for as modding the car easily, I will say Comptech is the easiest route, otherwise you might have to do a little more homework.

Good Luck.

Don't misunderstand me. I think the NSX is a great car. I'd feel much better driving it into the 100K+ mile range than my 930. Granted Porsche tuners have had 40 years to tweek their flat 6, but Acura is no slouch! Reading the one post stating 700+HP does get my attention.
How much HP can you get via better flow exhaust and chip upgrades.... everything short of forced-induction??

NSX curious said:
Don't misunderstand me. I think the NSX is a great car. I'd feel much better driving it into the 100K+ mile range than my 930. Granted Porsche tuners have had 40 years to tweek their flat 6, but Acura is no slouch! Reading the one post stating 700+HP does get my attention.
How much HP can you get via better flow exhaust and chip upgrades.... everything short of forced-induction??

SOS has recently released an NA engine build program to supplant their prior Stage 1-3 upgrades.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58329

I am a Porsche guy and have owned one SC and 3 3.2L Carreras. Currently I still have a 1989 Cab 3.2L. I have driven a few 3.3L Turbos and not at all impressed by them compared with my CTSCed NSX which makes about 370hp.
Steve

NSX curious said:

I think that with non-positive manifold pressure its pretty damn hard to get above 150 bhp / litre on any street engine, with I/H/E + Chip you could probably get 265 rwhp on a 3.0 litre engine, if you had upgraded camshafts, retainers, valve springs (a la stage 2 SOS NA) you would be around 280 rwhp maybe?, notice i say RWHP....

NSX curious said:
Well, stock in '86 282HP and at present it's got about 330HP.

Those numbers are not much different then an early model NSX with a comptech supercharger. From the looks of the new science of speed supercharger it will put you beyond those numbers. I don't think that you would be disappointed like you think.

nuccaJB said:
Those numbers are not much different then an early model NSX with a comptech supercharger. From the looks of the new science of speed supercharger it will put you beyond those numbers. I don't think that you would be disappointed like you think.

I believe he is quoting crank hp for for the 86 911 Turbo, versus the CTSC, which would be rwhp. A CTSC'd 3.0 would not be a disappointment coming from a mildly modified 86 Turbo, IMHO.

Bla, bla, bla...

No offense intended to anyone but seriously guys... if you're getting hung up on how much stated horse power any car makes than the NSX probably isn't the right car for you.

There are quite a few new and used cars that make a lot more power than the NSX does for as much or signficantly less money. That's a fact. But there are few cars that have the high fit and finish, ease of use, reliability and most important balance of the NSX.

If you want high horsepower... look elsewhere. If you want a comfortable, reliable super car that will make you a better driver... look no further.

Back