• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura vs. Porsche

rickysals said:
I was more referring to time vs repairs... how reliable will the 996TT be after 8 years and 100,000 miles? i dont' know, noone does, it's the future.

i hope I can be as successful as you though, nice corral you have.

I agree, how about post a copy of 700 hp dyno chart on this site... Or I can also toss people a curve ball...my NSX have 1000 hp, how come your P car only have 700? I don't have 1000 hp, but I can say I do...hahahaha

The NSX isn't a great performance car value. However, it is a great street car and has more than enough hp for the street. If you are looking for a super fast track car, the NSX isn't the best choice. The 911 is a better choice for the track. If you have $60K+, the new Z06 is a better choice than either. For the street and light duty track, I would choose the NSX. For big track performance numbers you can't beat the C6 Z06. If you just want hp potential, then the Viper can get you way past 700hp...

cfra7 said:
The NSX isn't a great performance car value. However, it is a great street car and has more than enough hp for the street. If you are looking for a super fast track car, the NSX isn't the best choice. The 911 is a better choice for the track. If you have $60K+, the new Z06 is a better choice than either. For the street and light duty track, I would choose the NSX. For big track performance numbers you can't beat the C6 Z06. If you just want hp potential, then the Viper can get you way past 700hp...

I disagree, not that I'm doing this just to stir up a new arguement, but the NSX is a great track car. If you ever check out those "Best Motoring" videos, you will see the NSX is more than capable on the track, dance around F355, F360, M3, etc... All right, they always use the type R/S models, but it doesn't cost much to toss a Type R suspensions on the US spec NSX, and you will come close in performance the JDM cars in the Video... I can't argue about the price of the new Z06, it is a monsterous car, and has set a new standard in performance/price. As for 700 hp Viper, dude, do you really want to dive into corners with a nose heavy car with 700 hp on your right foot? Great for drag raching if that's what you want.

Back