• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice for Exhaust - FABSPEED or SOS

Hello,

I have a 2020 NSX and was looking for advice on which to go with based on opinions.

I kindly ask if anyone has received a CEL code for these applications with the stock exhaust?

I came from a Z06 Corvette and would love some additional sound; that is my primary goal.

My concern with the catless downpipe from Fabspeed is the CEL code.

I also posted this in the perf mods forum; I believe this forum may be more active.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I have a 2020 NSX and was looking for advice on which to go with based on opinions.

I kindly ask if anyone has received a CEL code for these applications with the stock exhaust?

I came from a Z06 Corvette and would love some additional sound; that is my primary goal.

My concern with the catless downpipe from Fabspeed is the CEL code.

I also posted this in the perf mods forum; I believe this forum may be more active.

Thank you in advance!
You will get a cel with no cats. No need for catless. I went with science of speed downpipes and a jb4, being installed this week.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

I have debated whether or not to go with the JB4. I am only hesitant as back when I had my 2001 NSX-T, the car ran lean by design. With a supercharger I had to be careful in running a mix of 100 octane racing fuel plus regular 91 octane, otherwise I would get pinging. I had a lot of people look at the car. I kept the fuel pressure high so that I was dumping fuel into the system so that I might not run too lean. The 2001 NSX met a very stringent emission target that the 2000 and earlier cars did not. Even Comptech when they installed the supercharger noted that the car was running lean. While I have not heard anything with respect to the JB4 device. I am being over cautious. There are settings that require higher fuel octane ratings. SOS even offers a methane injection that cools as well as improves detonation. I am really happy with the SOS Downpipes and for the time being will hold off doing anything else.

Get on the FB group as there is tons of discussion there. Catless will throw CELs which may impact performance. SOS and GRP are gold standards, I went with Redstar as they cut me a deal in exchange for some promo material I shot for them. They are 95% the same, even use the same HJS cats, although SOS recently changed theirs since the 2019+ are more apt to throw CELs even with cats installed. Don't waste your money on the muffler replacement.

Back