• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM EMS discontinued?

Hi All,

Did AEM discontinue making the AEM EMS for the early NA1s?

I'm in the process of selling my Supercharger kit and am wondering if I should keep my EMS if they are no longer available.

Thanks,
Rahim

AEM never made an EMS specifically for the NSX. I am not aware of anybody claiming to offer a plug and play configured EMS for the na1 or na2 NSX (except for Honda:smile:) Science of Speed is a (licensed / approved / whatever?) 3rd party vendor which AEM lists on their website as a vendor for AEM engine management systems for both the na1 and na2 NSX, so SOS can package up the EMS with the appropriate wiring harness stuff and are presumably approved to install and tune the EMS on the NSX. Although AEM still lists the AEM series 2 as a product, SOS does not appear to offer it for the na1 or na2, only the Infinity series. If you have an older series 1 EMS, AEM dropped support for that product some time ago and I would kind of think that the series 2 will probably go the same way eventually. If you have an AEM F/IC, AEM and SOS still list it as an available product.

Aem made 2 versions of ems series 1 for 91-94 nsx. Series 1 v1 needs to wire VTEC plug, series 1 v2 is plug and play

Did AEM offer the series 1 for the NSX directly or was it SOS as an authorized reseller that provided the series 1 with the wiring harness, just like they used to for the series 2 and currently do for the Infinity? I know that AEM calls it plug & play; but, that is serious up-selling. The term plug & play originated in the PC world and implies pre configured and ready to go - definitely not the case here. The term might better be plug compatible & lap top ready.

As to the OP's original question, AEM / SOS continue to offer an EMS for use with the na1, just not a series 1 or 2 EMS.

Did AEM offer the series 1 for the NSX directly or was it SOS as an authorized reseller that provided the series 1 with the wiring harness, just like they used to for the series 2 and currently do for the Infinity? I know that AEM calls it plug & play; but, that is serious up-selling. The term plug & play originated in the PC world and implies pre configured and ready to go - definitely not the case here. The term might better be plug compatible & lap top ready.

As to the OP's original question, AEM / SOS continue to offer an EMS for use with the na1, just not a series 1 or 2 EMS.

The 30-1042 box was plug and play for the 91-94 NSX. No harnesses or add ons required. No rewire.

I am now suitably schooled on the existence of an AEM series 1 plug in replacement for the na1 ECU.

Back