• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aerial Video for HPDE

I'm not sure if Clay was able to identify individual NSXs at the track. They all look the same! haha

I was surprised that no one from the crew talked to us at the track since, on Thursday night, they made it sound like they wanted to coordinate with us to make sure we got covered. Did someone give them our run groups and car numbers?

I know for the fact the drone was out there during one or two of my sessions...the drone was following Mario down pit lane (and I was right behind)

Last edited:
so a bunch of individuals payed to have their specific car filmed...and the company did not single out their customers from the herd? :confused:

Hi everyone.. Sorry we have been busy working on the event footage as it does take some time to run though over 12 hours of video to provide the best video for the event. I have been working with Chris day and night to get this right.

For those who checked in at the start gate with our drone team thank you and we will have all those videos to you by Monday. All those funds that were create by these personal videos will be going to the non profit selected by NSXPO. I have not TAKEN any funds as I believe that I want all people who ordered the video to be happy with them before payment. For those who checked in I told you all that we would square up after the event and the footage came out well. I don't believe in selling something thats not 100 percent up to par.

For the few who didn't check in to allow us to get eyes on your car, I can see about footage we have to try to create something but if you didn't check in
with us it is impossible for us to know who is in what car. I know I talked to a few of you and some just forgot.

For the comments about padded fees by Acura you are 100% right. They paid me ZERO.. I did film some of their car rides for those who won the raffle so they could enjoy their video and share with their friends at NO COST. I think it was right to film the car since Acura brought it out to the great venue and allowed the event to showcase it.. We made it clear that my services were for the people and the event.

For the total event cost that I charged, I was on site for all the functions and had 2-3 staff members with me for all the events, plus we are now been editing day and night. I pretty much donated all of my services. I have lost about $4,000 with film permits, salaries, hotel rooms for my staff, gas and food.
We are a FAA certified aerial company that complies with all regulations.. As you know we we're in a airport zone and that requires quite of bit of red tape to
secure a filming permit for this..

It takes a lot of time and donations to make a great event like this a success and wanted to help out.

I am waiting for Chris to sign off on the final event video then it will be posted..

Thanks for your time.

I must have missed the intruction that we need to check in at the start gate? I remember talking to a gentleman that was on the Phoenixarial tent inside the Air Museum (not Clay). I did asked specifically if theres something we need to do for the filming. He said that he will let us know but there was no announcement and or email?

I must have missed that as well, bummer.

I must have missed the intruction that we need to check in at the start gate? I remember talking to a gentleman that was on the Phoenixarial tent inside the Air Museum (not Clay). I did asked specifically if theres something we need to do for the filming. He said that he will let us know but there was no announcement and or email?

^^^^
Me too... I went by the tent but there was only a lady there, who said she didn't work there and said that you all had went to lunch or something... I never did get to talk to anybody after that as I was so busy with the driving and instruction classes. Just hoped you guys would film me based on the pic I sent in with the email... I didn't really notice the drone though over the track much though :confused:

I was so busy with everything that I didn't even have time to set up my own GoPro:frown:

Look forward to seeing any of the video you guys shot though:cool:

Don't feel bad, neither did I, mine sat in my track bag all day :-(

^^^^

I was so busy with everything that I didn't even have time to set up my own GoPro:frown:

Look forward to seeing any of the video you guys shot though:cool:

Everyone just stand by....Clay and Chris are working on something I believe everyone is going to be very pleased with here soon :)

Didn't mean to offend if I did Clay. We all goof around here sometimes I forget.

I'm bummed Acura didn't hire you guys for some special footage. I think they missed a great opportunity.

You've got to be kidding me? I went by the booth a number of times to see what was going on. I did talk to the lady who didn't know anything about it...she said the aerial crew was working the north circuit. And I even came over when someone else was there, but they were busy operating the drone. On my second session, I actually thought the drone was tracking me since I did see the drone a number of times (Mario was in front of me when we left the pit lane and maintained a lead until his spin out)...so I made the mistake of assuming someone had supplied the information for us. I had brake issues at the end of that session and was afraid I wasn't even going out again, so I didn't follow up...but managed several laps in each of the last two sessions. Ugh. I was SO looking forward to the video.

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!

I'm actually crying now...

I was waiting to edit my GoPro video because I was looking forward to integrating drone footage...

I'm beside myself with disgust...

I was initially on the fence about even doing it, but then got super excited about it (which I expressed when I first talked with Clay at the Palm Springs Air Museum). And got even more excited after seeing an early cut of the event video.

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding me? I went by the booth a number of times to see what was going on. I did talk to the lady who didn't know anything about it...she said the aerial crew was working the north circuit. And I even came over when someone else was there, but they were busy operating the drone. On my second session, I actually thought the drone was tracking me since I did see the drone a number of times (Mario was in front of me when we left the pit lane and maintained a lead until his spin out)...so I made the mistake of assuming someone had supplied the information for us. I had brake issues at the end of that session and was afraid I wasn't even going out again, so I didn't follow up...but managed several laps in each of the last two sessions. Ugh. I was SO looking forward to the video.

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!

I'm actually crying now...

I was waiting to edit my GoPro video because I was looking forward to integrating drone footage...

I'm beside myself with disgust...

I was initially on the fence about even doing it, but then got super excited about it (which I expressed when I first talked with Clay at the Palm Springs Air Museum). And got even more excited after seeing an early cut of the event video.

Same here Eric I was super excited with the areial video that I was the first one to sign up to get this thing going. Totally disppointed since I have been in touch with Clay though email sending him photos and info of my nsx. I actually was on the fence of doing the track event but later decided o go for ir since I am already signed up for this. :(

I just wanted to say what a great job Phoenix Ariel did for me. I received my video yesterday. Luckily for me, my orange Car was very easy to find and track and also my wife (the lady people mentioned being in their tent) hung out to make sure my car was filmed and enjoyed a little of their shade. She said the guys were super friendly and really tried to film as much as they could of all the cars.
Clay and Ariel Phoenix. - thank you so much for allowing me to post on prime.

Take a look at my Video.

https://vimeo.com/142583138Password is COLIN all caps..

Last edited:
I just wanted to say what a great job Phoenix Ariel did for me. I received my video yesterday. Luckily for me, my orange Car was very easy to find and track and also my wife (the lady people mentioned being in their tent) hung out to make sure my car was filmed and enjoyed a little of their shade. She said the guys were super friendly and really tried to film as much as they could of all the cars.
Clay and Ariel Phoenix. - thank you so much for allowing me to post on prime.

Take a look at my Video.

https://vimeo.com/142583138Password is COLIN all caps..

Nice, really god job.....although not a huge fan of the soundtrack...too bad they don't let you pick the music:confused:

Back