• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

aftermarket single din conversion??

Easiest method is to buy a console from SOS or Dali and cut the hole. a litte more complex method is to re-mold the stock center console.

You probably know all the other things you need to do as well like replace all the speakers so I'll skip that part.

I assume you're asking about the center console. So you basically have only a few options.

1. Get someone to modify your OEM one
2. Buy one that's already cut
3. DIY it "either step 1 or two"

I'd buy one that's already cut and set up, then sell your OEM one if it's in good condition. If your OEM one is beat up then I'd just get that modified. Also think about resale value if that's a concern. You may want to sell your Nsx one day so you want to make it stock again. It just depends what your point of no return is.

Is there people out there still using the OEM tape deck? I don't want to hack up the OEM one if I don't have to. Its in perfect shape. SOS is going to be the solution.

Is there people out there still using the OEM tape deck? I don't want to hack up the OEM one if I don't have to. Its in perfect shape. SOS is going to be the solution.

The SOS console will still need to be cut, primed, and painted. but it is not a HUGE amount of work to get there.

Wait, so you cant use the stock speaker when you switch to an after market head unit?

I thought you can as long as the aftermarket HU has line outs for the amps in the doors?

The reason you can't has nothing to do with electronics and everything to do with being made a fool of if you admit to actually doing something so moronic.

You can use the stock speakers with an aftermarket head unit....BUT, you will probably be swaping out the speakers pretty quickly.

Is your stock headunit bad? or are you trying to get better sound/functionality out of the sound system. If it is the latter, you will need new speakers.

Just you and DocL buddy. :smile:

Just saw this and you're right. I just started using it with one of those cassette devices with a wire to listen to Sirius on my phone. I love old technology so much that I'm going to install a single DIN am/fm Kraco radio and a Bazooka tube for bass.

I love old technology so much that I'm going to install a single DIN am/fm Kraco radio

This one has a graphic equalizer so it might be a bit too high tech for you. :)

1640k93_27.jpeg

Back