• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double Din Fitment issues

Bought the Science of Speed stereo bracket and paired it with the EuroBoutique CF center console. Tried to fit it with 2 different pioneer double din models and it doesn't fit flushed. It appears the Euroboutique cutout for the double din is much lower, and with the Speed of Science bracket it sits higher. Anyone has any luck with these combos, if so how was fitment on your end? Thanks!

The SOS bracket allows a lot of room for adjustment. Just keep playing around with it. Try different holes. In the Euroboutique videos, they use the SOS bracket so it must work.
Ok i will try again. the bracket has no room to tilt upwards which it needs more of. It tilts more downward

I will post pics

Adjust the bottom screw forward while leaving the top alone should do it.

Attachments

• C3E3551D-4E82-4DDC-91D6-57D2D3E0DC98.jpeg
    C3E3551D-4E82-4DDC-91D6-57D2D3E0DC98.jpeg
    515.9 KB · Views: 34
It looks like with the number of holes in the side of the headunit you should be able to get it adjusted to to fit. I have the same center console and SOS bracket. I didn't have an issue mounting my headunit. I have an Alpine ILX-407 though. Maybe you can move the screws you have on the bottom to top rear of the headunit. That might help you angle upwards.

I tried every hole and angle and cannot get it to line up at all. Frustrated cause I bought two head units and they both do the same thing. Maybe I should just go with a different brand headunit

I had the original SOS bracket and fitted a Pioneer head unit. I encountered the same issue and had to butcher the bracket to suit. I cut the front of the top horizontal bar back by about 1/2" to get the fitment as I needed. The bracket ends up a bit flimsy but all OK when bolted to the unit.

I had the original SOS bracket and fitted a Pioneer head unit. I encountered the same issue and had to butcher the bracket to suit. I cut the front of the top horizontal bar back by about 1/2" to get the fitment as I needed. The bracket ends up a bit flimsy but all OK when bolted to the unit.
Are you able to show a pic of how much you cut off the bracket and fitted final results after?

Screenshot_20230107_072630_Chrome.jpg
That is what I took off mine. If you post a pic of the top, i can mark it up better.. It reduces the top front horizontal bar by about half its width.
Before you do that though, have you tried adjusting the cradle in-situ with the bottom bar? Once the cradle is bolted in place you can get a little bit more upward tilt by slackening the lower front 'sideways' screws and pulling the bottom forward..

If op doesn’t post his bracket today I’ll post mine. I am preparing to do the double din so everything is still sitting in the box from SoS

View attachment 176592
That is what I took off mine. If you post a pic of the top, i can mark it up better.. It reduces the top front horizontal bar by about half its width.
Before you do that though, have you tried adjusting the cradle in-situ with the bottom bar? Once the cradle is bolted in place you can get a little bit more upward tilt by slackening the lower front 'sideways' screws and pulling the bottom forward..
that looks like what I might have to do and yes I tried adjusting the bottom. But with the front backer not giving enough clearance it won’t tilt as much as I would like to.

Last edited:
Im going to cut mione
View attachment 176592
I'm going to cut mine this weekend. I'm left with no choice. Will post pics when done. Thanks for the recommendation

I have this combo of SOS DD bracket and EuroBoutique CF center console trim, and everything fits flush for me. I did have to try a few different positions on the bracket to get it at the correct angle. Fit is so good that EuroBoutique uses my pic.

Attachments

• IMG_4443.JPG
    IMG_4443.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 38
Pioneer DMH-1500

A few things to keep in mind:

a) NOT all double din units are made the same way as each mfr changes their design very often

b) We just did another install for a local client with an Alpine ILX-507 and the fitment is drop dead spot on, watch this video, we show you a few tips and how to mount the radio:

thanks!

View attachment 176592
I ended up cutting that much and it looked like it was gonna work cause I was able to tilt it upwards. Once I tried to put it in the dashboard console the double din unit was not able to go in, the unit was hitting the walls on the middle console from the tilt. I’ve tried every adjust and came out with no luck. My advice for everyone out there, stay away from newer pioneer double dins. They do not line up perfectly with the sos bracket and euroboutique cf dash console. 3162DEB0-4752-4F47-B717-E8C253B8793F.jpeg59F63D80-EAA0-4EAC-B7F2-D103521F1D07.jpeg

Back