Aggressive exhaust tips who has them?

My stock 96 exhaust tips have seen better days. I swear there was a thread started with just pictures of everyones exhaust tips. I did a search and I cant find the exact thread Im looking for. In the thread there was a guy with a red NSX with a really aggressive exhaust tip setup. I could really use the picture of that persons car or any other aggressive tip setups. So I maybe can have something custom made.

If you go the custom route, let me know where you go. Id make a trip down that way to get some made to fit the valance on my widebody.

nsx2rear.jpg

Love this Look!!!

I've been looking for a set / pair of rectangle, 2.25 in. that will fit the old style valance for years and the closest I can find are on the new Challenger but I can't find one sitting long for me to get them.
The round tips on the Comp-Tech exhaust just look like crap with the body lines being so symetrical.

Cheers
nigel

That's my car.
Here's a side picture of the exhaust with custom tips. They are 3.5" slashed, "black chrome" stainless steel tips I got from a local muffler shop.
photo_41.JPG

nsx2rear.jpg

Love this Look!!!

My goodness thats it! Thanks guys! Its funny how my two favorite guys from nsxpo helped me out the most. Also eyecandy we have to figure something out for sure. The problem is I have the stock bumper and rear valence...Soooo this might not work? Im just happy I have a possible start. I wonder if I try something like that it might melt the valence though? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Last edited:
My goodness thats it! Thanks guys! Its funny how my two favorite guys from nsxpo helped me out the most. Also eyecandy we have to figure something out for sure. The problem is I have the stock bumper and rear valence...Soooo this might not work? Im just happy I have a possible start. I wonder if I try something like that it might melt the valence though? Any thoughts would be helpful.

If you leave enough space between the valance and the tips, there shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a better picture of how I had them installed.
11581nsxrear1.jpg

Side view
IMG_0901_sm.jpg

This the ARC Titanium Exhaust that I originally got the idea from:
11581ARC_Exhaust.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh. I remember exhaust tips from the 90s. I always liked those that angled up. I think they still work today, but just don't get those exhaust cans that were angled to the side. That just looks ridiculous these days.

Also watch out for clearance and burning your rear valence. I knew a guy with those types of tips on a prelude, and it burnt the surrounding bumper area. Not worth it imo.

Im surprised no one has done this with the
91 to 02 rear valence. Maybe I will be the first? We will see.

Back