• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Airhorn, anone have one installed

I've always told myself that I will get around to changing the wimpy Honda horns (they're all the same 110 db) in my NSX but procrastinated until a couple of months ago. Some stupid kid in a Civic blasting his radio, backed up into me while I was honking the road runner horn to warn him to stop. He claimed that he couldn't hear me. :mad:

I picked up a pair of Hella horns at Autobachs during my visit to Taiwan. I tested them in the store display and they left me walking away with a ringing in my ears. Now I have them installed (direct OEM bolt on replacement except for the wire splicing) and I can hear them from inside my shop even with the doors closed. :biggrin:

TypeRTurbo said:
I've always told myself that I will get around to changing the wimpy Honda horns (they're all the same 110 db) in my NSX but procrastinated until a couple of months ago. Some stupid kid in a Civic blasting his radio, backed up into me while I was honking the road runner horn to warn him to stop. He claimed that he couldn't hear me. :mad:

I picked up a pair of Hella horns at Autobachs during my visit to Taiwan. I tested them in the store display and they left me walking away with a ringing in my ears. Now I have them installed (direct OEM bolt on replacement except for the wire splicing) and I can hear them from inside my shop even with the doors closed. :biggrin:
Jack (and others) -

When you installed your Hella horns did you only remove the two factory horns behind the bumper or did you also remove the third horn?

I ask because I had the Hella horns installed by Autowave right before NSXPO and they left the third horn in the car. My Hellas sound really bad and I think that I might be getting "mixed" sounds.

Any thoughts?

I unhooked all three horns, including both inside the front grill and back by the brake fluid reservoirs.

Chip

i have airhorns too dont know which ones..........but people say it sounds like the lunch truck! =)

PS. The other bonus you get is that if you hear a car alarm go off, you can rest easy that it is not your car, unless it sounds like an Italian horn (in which case you know it very probably is you -- and to react acccordingly).

Chip

To tell you the truth, I didn't even disconnect the third horn. I thought that the third horn was attached to the factory alarm or something. Either way, the Hella horns are so loud, they definately drown out the wimpy third horn anyway. I had the chance to test the horns before I bought them in Taiwan. They might be different from the ones sold here in the states. :biggrin:

Da Hapa said:
Jack (and others) -

When you installed your Hella horns did you only remove the two factory horns behind the bumper or did you also remove the third horn?

I ask because I had the Hella horns installed by Autowave right before NSXPO and they left the third horn in the car. My Hellas sound really bad and I think that I might be getting "mixed" sounds.

Any thoughts?

Here is one option. :biggrin:

5chime.jpg

1st time I honked the NSX with the wife in the car
she looked over at me with a sober look, then we both started laughing. :biggrin:
I think she described it as sounding "Gay"
Dont recall. So what is the best bolt on replacement for the little OEM
plastic tooting horns?

Back