• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alarms goes off when pass door opened first !?!

When car is locked and armed (factory alarm) if you open pass door first, alarm triggers.
This makes it impossible for me to open my date's door first like a gentleman and is affecting my sex life.

Note that the key and the unlock button (power) both operate the pass door just fine.

I had the dealer look at it and they said there is some plastic part that breaks off- and guess what- you have to replace the entire door lock assy, about $400.
Seems extreme- is there a "home brew" fix for this out there?

I had a similar problem with my 911 when the inside door latch rod broke,except the part was $700. I spliced 2 rods together.

OK if you have the factory alarm you need to disarm it first before opening the door. The alarm is not the greatest.. it doesnt detect the passenger side door unless it is opened.

Example.. using the alarm turn on the alarm doors lock.. now disarm the alarm doors unlock now open the passenger side door. wait 30 sec or so and the car will arm back again.

now try the same thing on the drivers side door. noticed how now it doesnt lock again..

it is werid.. what I do is this.. I diarm the alarm.. then let her sit.. when she sits and by the time I close the door and get to my side it arms again.. so then I just hit the unlock button and in the car I go. Kind of a pain in the ass.

But there is nothing wrong with your alarm

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 11 November 2001).]

But if I unlock the pass door with the key, shouldn't the alarm be automatically shut off? The trunk seems to work like this.
Something must be broken in the pass door.

Incidentally, I can upgrade to the keyless entry for less than the 400 the stealer wants to fix this.

Just a question...
do you unlock the car with the remote control or the key?
if you use the key, there is a switch attached to the door cylinder that the alarm uses to detect that it is the owner who opens the door, and not Mr Thief who have smashed a window and ulocked it from inside. If the switch is broken, I guess you can fix it pretty cheep.

------------------
Enjoying life at 8.000 RPM

I do not have a remote, so I use the key. When I unlock pass door, alarm goes off.
What you say seems correct as the dealer
advised same. Problem was they want to charge $400+ and replace whole unit.
Looking for possibility of easy fix.

Go Here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/tsb/93-007.htm

It's all detailed for you. The contacts in the "door open" switch get old and corroded.

(Mine does it on the drivers door, So I always pretend I have a date!!!LOL.)

I will fix it when I do the "window thingies"

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks- thats it exactly.

The good news is that according to Acura,the alarm can be deactivated by either of 3 sensors (2 doors & Trunk), so if I install the keyless entry, that will solve the problem as well. Keyless entry is far, far less hassle to install and less than $200.

Thanks again for the tip.

Back