• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Alaska Trip

Hey guys from June 23 - 30th I was away and spent some time in Alaska. A family reunion organized by my in-laws is what got me there as I would have probably not done this trip until I was well into my 50s lol (no offense to any of our wiser members but not much along the lines of people in my general age demographic on this trip).
Here are some pictures of what I thought were really cool sights.
861e6cd3.jpg

b08d0af8.jpg

d4a4c819.jpg

Any more pics to share? Alaska is pretty amazing, the vast amount of space is incredible. Bear country!

I did a similar trip, except drove.... all the way to the arctic ocean :cool:, through the Yukon and Alaska, from Vancouver and back.

I went in 2002 on a cruise. For me it was an eye opener also. We went for a guided river tour in Juneau and saw plenty of wild life but didn't see any bear. Sure it is not as exciting as summer like locale but it was once in a life time still and is like watching the nature channel. We went by Glacier Bay and saw the effects of global warming (glaciers fallen/melted off) and heard the thunder like sound it puts off. Makes you feel guilty driving around without cats.

Glad to see you had fun.

Last edited:
I went in 2002 on a cruise. For me it was an eye opener also. We went for a guided river tour in Juneau and saw plenty of wild life but didn't see any bear. Sure it is not as exciting as summer like locale but it was once in a life time still and is being there filming for the nature channel. We went by Glacier Bay and saw the effects of global warming (glaciers fallen/melted off) and heard the thunder like sound it puts off. Makes you feel guilty driving around without cats.

Glad to see you had fun.

Thanks Owen it was definitely an eye opener. Beatiful there!

Any more pics to share? Alaska is pretty amazing, the vast amount of space is incredible. Bear country!

I did a similar trip, except drove.... all the way to the arctic ocean :cool:, through the Yukon and Alaska, from Vancouver and back.

Wow you drove! I can't sit in a car thay long brother my back would be shot! I'll update more pics once I upload them to Photobucket

Back