• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

All weather mat options

What is everyone doing for all weather mats? I have searched most of the companies I have used in the past and the only thing I have found was cut to fit from Weathertech. I would think someone makes them but I have had no luck finding them.

No luck here either

I kept thinking I would drive over to Weathertech and ask them to do the measurements but I am too lazy to go to Bollingbrook

No luck here either

I kept thinking I would drive over to Weathertech and ask them to do the measurements but I am too lazy to go to Bollingbrook

I think both my son and I have seen your white NSX near Naperville. It's the only one either of us have seen in IL. Anyway you might check with Weathertech to see if they already have the specs for an NSX. I think they get them directly from the manufacturers. I have been to the Weathertech store and it's quite nice. BTW can you tell me where you got your NSX? I am hoping to get one this winter.

I am not sure it was me you have been seeing.

I live in the city and drive it about once a week to work around Lake Bluff.

The only other place I go is to Chicago Auto Pros in Glenview for a car wash.

Mine came from Zimbrick in WI. Super nice folks. I think they only sold 1 other NSX. My sales person was Corey Reilly. The challenge on getting a deal is they are not likely to have a car in stock.

I kind of gave up on the mats as I only drive the car on clear days so they are not getting any crud on them.

If anyone is looking for all weather mats I received mine from LLoyds and they fit great and seem to be good quality. I bought them on Ebay but the came in Lloyds box and are price great.

A bit late to the party; but, another option.

Coco Mats makes a very nice looking coco fiber mat.

https://www.cocomats.com/

They don't fit the traditional 'all weather mat' idea; but, they are equipped with a very heavy rubber base so it will keep your carpets dry and clean. Having coco fiber on the top side they won't be quite spray off with a hose like a traditional all weather mat. But, unlike all weather mats, they look good so you can use them year-round.

I have seen pictures of a 2nd gen NSX with what I am pretty sure were Coco Mats (they are quite distinctive in appearance) so Coco Mats may have the templates for the 2nd gen NSX. However, if Coco Mats is not sure of a fit for your model year, they will typically mail you out a paper template allowing you to check the fit. You can add to or cut back the template to get the fit that you want with no price change from Coco Mats (at least when I did it). I used Coco Mats on a 1971 resto mod that I did. They didn't have a confirmed template for the 1971 year so they sent me their template and I added on in a number of spots to give a very tight fitting floor mat. They will add retainers wherever you want them.

The mats are heavy and durable and are definitely on the expensive side. However, if you want to go cheap why did you by a 2nd gen NSX?

Yes, Weathertech has the NSX floorliner in stock. I have them and would describe them as very functional, not plush but they do the job nicely for me. I like the fact that they come up the sides of the footwell. I hate when mats don't quite fit and leave the edges open to dirt.

Do you need to install new hardware or just use what comes with the floor mats? Thanks!

Update from the site:

Can I put the FloorLiners on top of or under my factory mats?
No. The removal of the factory mats is IMPERATIVE for proper installation. Failure to remove factory mats will result in an improper fit, which will likely create interference with vehicle controls, resulting in an unsafe condition for operating the vehicle.

Last edited:
Nice find, thank you

It took them long enough

I will likely get a set to support this local business

Nice find, thank you

It took them long enough

I will likely get a set to support this local business

Weathertech has quite a complex there. Multiple buildings and I believe hundreds of workers there. Nice American success story. Was surprised me that they had 5 NSX sets in stock. They must have been in the far recesses of the building though because it took about 30 minutes for them to find them for me.

I would love to see a pic installed. They recommend for all their mats to remove the factory so you can clip them into the factory anchors.

I reached out to them to ask if they would provide a tour and perhaps host a meet for local NSX owners and got a double no.

Perhaps there is a way to contact the MacNeils, who own the business and have some incredible cars.

Back