• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Almost made a big mistake

I haven't had my '92 for that long. I bought it from a NSX Prime member who kept it in pristine condition for the years that he had it. Since I was a kid when the NSX came out I always wanted one. The problem is that since I've been an adult (not that long but sounds good) I've wanted a Porsche GT3.

Found a nice very lightly used GT3 a little over a week ago at a Porsche dealer near me and made an offer on it. To be able to afford it I was forced to trade the NSX along with two other cars. I realized within days that I had made a mistake. A couple things happened that allowed me to, in their words, "unwind" the NSX from the trade. I have to give them back the money they had in the deal for my NSX but I get her back and plan to keep her for a long while.

What were those couple of things?

I'm wondering the same thing. Most dealers would say "too bad so sad" after the paperwork was finalized. To the OP, how long was the deal done before the "unwinding?" I know some states have a "right of rescission" timeframe after purchase. Maybe this was the case for you?

I was considering buying the car back but during the time they had it the SRS light lit up and stayed illuminated. It is against their company policy (large group of dealerships) to sell a car with the SRS light illuminated. Their techs narrowed it down to the airbag module but they couldn't find one to install and were offered less than the trade amount from wholesalers so me wanting the car back worked. I will just remove it myself and send it out to be repaired.

Back