• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALMS Race Series - NSX Car Corrals

Count me in for the Mid-Ohio event. I just signed up with NSXCA and will wait for the info packet.

Thanks.

Information and a sign-up sheet for the events at Mid-Ohio July 21 and Road America (Wisconsin) August 11 have been sent to all NSX Club of America located in the Midwest, and have also been posted in this topic. All club members are welcome, and non-members are welcome to join the club and participate. Hope to see you there!

How do I know if I've been added to the proper nsxca mailing list? I haven't received any e-mails yet.

I really do not wanna miss out on the Laguna Car Corral.

How do I know if I've been added to the proper nsxca mailing list? I haven't received any e-mails yet.

I really do not wanna miss out on the Laguna Car Corral.

David,

Email me with a valid email address and I will make sure our database has your current address. You should have received an email from me on 5/2 about the event.

Tom Kohrs
NW Regional Rep.
NSXCA

Hi Ken,

You will be getting registration forms through Tom Kohrs when registration is open. Since the has a signup "window" for NSXCA members, the registration notices are scheduled.

After the signup window closes, if the event is not filled by NSXCA, Acura will open it to all NSX owners. We have made arrangements for 100 NSX's and 200 total attendees for Laguna Seca:). It would be great if NSXCA fills it.

Regards,
LarryB

For the people in the west, given the level of interest I am seeing from NSXCA members for this event, I do not anticipate that NSXCA will be turning tickets back over to Acura for distribution to non-members. I have messages from members as far away as Salt Lake, Montana, and Arizona saying they are already booking hotels for this.

If you are not already a current member of the NSXCA, you better join now. I would recommend a 2 year membership so you will be eligable for NSXPO 2008 in Portland.

Tom Kohrs

I've been fielding some questions about the ALMS races in the Midwest. I'll post them, with answers, here for questions that may be of interest to others.

QUESTION: What is the limit for # of guests I can pay for?

ANSWER: It depends on how our signups go. As noted on the flyer, "Initial signup will be limited to NSXCA members and one guest per race. If space is available, requests exceeding one guest per race will be considered after the closing date of signups."

You can pay for more than two people (one guest and yourself) if you want. If you're paying by check, the easiest thing to do would be to send two checks, with the additional guests in a separate check. If you're paying by credit card, I can wait till the closing date before charging the card and take out the extras if it's full. If you're paying by Paypal, I can reverse a portion of the payment for the extras if it's full.

Those without NSXs will not be able to park their cars in the corral or drive their cars in the parade laps, but otherwise will be able to participate in all the activities.

QUESTION: Still no plans for a car corral at (one of the other races in the series)?

ANSWER: No, sorry. These are the dates at which Acura has decided to sponsor car corrals for the NSXs.

QUESTION: I registered a couple weeks ago with NSXCA as a new member just for this the Mid-Ohio event. Then, on this form you emailed out, it says $40 for new members. Do I need to pay this?

ANSWER: I guess this form was not clear. The $40 charge is for NON-members of the club, not for those who have recently joined. You are already a member of the club, so you do not have to pay this charge.

QUESTION: It says, "Initial signup will be limited to NSXCA members and one guest per race." Do I need to pay an additional $90 for my fiance' or is it a free guest per registration?

ANSWER: The registration fee is per person. So your fiance is welcome to join you for the race, in which case your total is $180.

QUESTION: Is the ticket valid for the qualifying days preceding the race day?

ANSWER: It depends on the event. For example, the Mid-Ohio admission covers the entire weekend, with the hospitality and car corral on Saturday and Sunday, but the Road America ticket, hospitality, and car corral is for Saturday only.

QUESTION: What time does the car corral start?

ANSWER: The gates probably open early in the morning, but I think you can arrive any time you want. However, the lunch will be served at lunchtime, so you will need to arrive in the morning if you wish to have lunch. I'm not sure what time the parade laps start. The race itself starts at 3:30 pm Eastern Time and takes two hours 45 minutes, according to the ALMS website. (This is the time for the Mid-Ohio race and may not apply to other races.)

QUESTION: will more information on the event be sent with the tickets ???

ANSWER: Yes, more information will be sent with the tickets, including times for the activities as well as directions on how to get to the car corral.

Last edited:
QUESTION: What is the limit for # of guests I can pay for?

ANSWER: It depends on how our signups go. As noted on the flyer, "Initial signup will be limited to NSXCA members and one guest per race. If space is available, requests exceeding one guest per race will be considered after the closing date of signups."

You can pay for more than two people (one guest and yourself) if you want. If you're paying by check, the easiest thing to do would be to send two checks, with the additional guests in a separate check. If you're paying by credit card, I can wait till the closing date before charging the card and take out the extras if it's full. If you're paying by Paypal, I can reverse a portion of the payment for the extras if it's full.

Those without NSXs will not be able to park their cars in the corral or drive their cars in the parade laps, but otherwise will be able to participate in all the activities.

EDIT: AFTER SPEAKING WITH LARRY B, I DECIDED TO REWORD WHAT I WROTE TO MAKE IT CLEARER. I GUESS 15 HOUR WORK DAYS MAKE ME A LITTLE CONFUSED AFTER ALL.....

Just take note that there is a maximum of 50 cars and 100 persons per event, except for Laguna Seca. We are limited by Acura to 100 persons per all non-Laguna races because the seating in the hospitality tent and the food provided by Acura necessarily is limited to a maximum of 100 attendees. Assuming there are openings after the close-out date, additional guests will be permitted to be registered and participate in the activities until we reach the 100 person limit.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, as the # is limited at each of the locations, it might be a good idea to let people know how "full" the list is (don't have to let the # be known) but just let people know that you will probably be closing the list down shortly because it's fully subscribed. This might help get people off their butts and make a committment before it's too late. I know that I wanted to be sure to have a "space" sent my check in the day I got the flier!
This should be a great event at each of the locations and from what I've heard from some who were at Florida's event, a great time was had by all!!!

Lime Rock is 80% sold out, subject to additional registrations that may have been received while we were at the Glen this weekend. There are a few open passenger seats at the moment in the cars already registered.

I have sent a few emails to a few different people and have not heard back. I believe they started before the deadline. Is there still room or is it too late??
I think I've responded to all the e-mails and PMs I've received

Note that there are several different race dates.

For the two Midwest dates (July 21 at Mid-Ohio and August 11 at Road America), if you send your payment by tomorrow (Monday) 6 pm (Central Time), you'll be signed up. You can transfer funds by Paypal to [email protected] or you can fax your credit card info to 847-869-0302. You can also PM or e-mail me with any questions about these two dates.

Back