• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALMS Sebring March 14-15

Did you get my paypal? Sent it earlier tonight. I must admit that a Saturday parade lap would have been better but that not being an option - it'll still be fun. Lets just keep the cars together this year! Last year we were so spread out that the cameras couldn't get more than a few cars in view at once.
I'm lookin forward to spacious parking! :biggrin:

Well, folks it's close to deadline (5pm tomorrow) and the turnout is disappointing.

The deadline to register was Monday March 3 at 5pm.

It isn't too late to join, however, you'll have to order your tickets directly from Sebring Raceway.

Please call Kim Gose at 800-626-RACE and make arrangements to purchase your tickets.

If you would like to participate in our group activities, please email me when you have completed the purchase and I'll add you to our email distribution list so you will get updates on the events.

Remember that parking in the car corral is for NSXs only and all participants must have the Car Corral pass sticker on their ticket for entry into the hospitality tent. Also note that the ONE DAY ticket is only good for Saturday.

Thanks,
Wei-Shen

FRIDAY EVENING GROUP DINNER: 7pm Country Pancake House and Restaurant, 8205 Natures Way, Sea Marco Plaza, Lakewood Ranch, Bradenton, FL 34202
This restaurant is located very close to the hotel and has received excellent reviews since it's grand opening in January 2008.
No group menu. Each person will order off the menu (most entrees from $5 to $13).
The good news: The restaurant has a huge number of items, including regular dinner entrees (steaks, ribs, fish, burgers, pasta) as well as lighter fare like sandwiches and salads, and of course breakfast dishes like eggs, pancakes, etc.

The bad news: It will take you quite a long time to look over their menu, which is similar/identical to the menu for their sister restaurant in New Jersey, which has 694 items on it. :biggrin:

Really - it sounds great, and should be a lot of fun. Hope to see everyone at the dinner!

Ken will you be there? That's awesome! Dick and I are attending maybe in an NSX maybe in a cheap rental.
Only the Friday dinner. I'll race my cheap rental against your cheap rental! :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing both of you again.

Only the Friday dinner. I'll race my cheap rental against your cheap rental! :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing both of you again.

You can always rig up a quick dry nitrous system to the rental. :wink:

See you guys there again this year. Almost certainly as a passenger again.

Looking forward to it!

Wei-Shen,

Is there a meeting point in Sebring that has been decided? (Place/Time?) Or just be at the Acura tent by 10AM?

We will be driving down from Orlando tomorrow (Fri) morning - anyone else want to meet up?

Thanks,

- David

Thank you Acura, IMSA, Wei-Shen, and all others who helped put this corral together!
Both Friday and Saturday morning caravans to the track were great. The Rob Hollar parade laps were fantastic - much more "enthusiastic" than expected. :biggrin: From the good food to the guest speakers - we are all very lucky to enjoy the Sebring weekend in such style!

ALMS Sebring was a fantastic event. I was sorry to hear about the disqualification of the Lowe's team; both drivers and car performed very well.

A very special thank you goes to Wei-shen for the privilege of driving the exotic ChiNSX during the three day event.

Is there a particular person at Acura to send our gratitude for sponsoring us?

Is there a particular person at Acura to send our gratitude for sponsoring us?

It would be great if you could drop an email to T.E. McHale. I have sent his email address to you in a PM to avoid having it listed "publicly" on Prime. If anyone else would like it, please PM me.

I JUST WANT TO THANK ACURA ,WEI-SHEN,IMSA,KIM GOSE AND ANYONE I MAY HAVE FORGOT FOR THE GREAT FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS AND AWESOME EXPERIENCE. :biggrin:

I would also like to add my most sincere thanks to all that participated in putting this event together. The Parade lap(s) were worth every cent of the total money spent!!!!!:biggrin: Seriously, thanks also to Acura and their staff for sponsoring the Event. (Almost makes up for not having sneak preview of the oft-promised next NSX -Almost!!:wink:

Anybody recall when the Acura guys told us the Parade Lap photos would be uploaded on the ALMS Imsa website? Thanks.

Back