• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alpine NAV System Complete w/Pod

Nav system includes the following:

Alpine DVD Navigation Unit NVE-N851A
Alpine 6.5" Wide display/brain. Screen has been professionally mounted in an included NSX Navigation pod.
NEW (Latest) DVD NAV Software for the West coast
Original Nav SW for Complete USA
All mounting hardware and harnesses.
GPS antenna.
Original manual

This set up is complete and costs about $3000 to build out (
See Science of Speed's website .) My setup is identical to the one they sale.

I am asking $2200, but will consider any reasonale offer. Remember, this package also includes the new DVD Nav SW that is not included in many nav kits.

Please call me at 503.572.1200 if you have an interest.

Pictures to follow.

nsxparts.com said:
Nav system includes the following:

Alpine DVD Navigation Unit NVE-N851A
Alpine 6.5" Wide display/brain. Screen has been professionally mounted in an included NSX Navigation pod.
NEW (Latest) DVD NAV Software for the West coast
Original Nav SW for Complete USA
All mounting hardware and harnesses.
GPS antenna.
Original manual

This set up is complete and costs about $3000 to build out (
See Science of Speed's website .) My setup is identical to the one they sale.

I am asking $2200, but will consider any reasonale offer. Remember, this package also includes the new DVD Nav SW that is not included in many nav kits.

Please call me at 503.572.1200 if you have an interest.

Pictures to follow.

How do you input an address? Is the screen a touch-screen?

Are there voice directions? Do they use the stereo system to output the sound?

-CiaoBoy

The NAV unit includes a remote. As you input letters the unit matches in the Database. It is very easy to input names as the letters on the input screen grey out if there are no matches for the letter combo left in the database.

There are voice directions. If you have a mute wire on your deck it will send a mute pulse. The voice comes out of the built in speaker in the NAV pod.

I am pretty sure you can output the sound to your deck if it has aux inputs. you can adjust the frequency (how often the commands occur) of voice commands in the setup portion of the software.

The Alpine GUI is second to none!

Here is a link to the DVD Nav Software demo:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/nvd-a211/navi_demo_012304/intro.html

The system is very easy to use, and is extremely accurate.

Couple of questions.. what's the difference with the NVE-N851A and the NVE-N852A? And is the monitor model TME-M760 ?

Been looking for this... very interested...

Thanks,
Jay

Jay,
I think the 852a is the newer version with the latest software. Hardware wise, i think is the same. The tme-760 monitor is 6.5" there is also a smaller monitor for it, but the 760 is the best one.
You can buy software upgrade for like 200-300 i think. Not sure.
Calvin

The only differences I know of between the 851 and 852 are the software and the remote. The 851's remote is black, and the 852's remote is silver. The DVD that is included with my system is newer than the SW that ships with most boxed 852s. Both units are the same size, and fit very nicely into the NSX glove box on the early cars (No PS airbag).

The monitor is a TME-M760. It fits the pod much better than any other 6.5" screen. Sorry for not specifying earlier. This pod has many great features for NAV, including the built in speaker, Auto Wide for NAV, and a built in IR receiver for the remote. There is only one cable from the brain to the display, making installation very clean and easy.

BTW, Alpine also makes a TME-M750 6.5" screen, but the pod needs to be cut to make it fit as the unit is taller.

nsxparts.com,
Are these new items you are selling? Also, can you post some pictures of the items that will be included. Im also interested to see the back of the nav pod to see how you had it professionally mounted.
Thanks,
Calvin

The NAV system is currently installed in my car and has been used. I am picking my car up from the wheel shop in the morning and will promptly add pictures of the system to the original thread as this system has generated a lot of interest.

BE

Back