• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alternative brake-pads

MvM

Legendary Member
I have a '94 NSX with BBS-RSII rims, 17 front and 18 in the rear. Tires are 215/40 front and 265/35 rear.
I would like to have brake-pads that could/would give me better braking than the stock pads. After reading the posts here I would go for the RM-pads but I'm not sure if they are available in Europe.

Hello the best think that you can do it its upgrade to TArox kits but if you want I have special front brake pads in stock for 125 EURO + Shipping they are middle Btw street and track
Here Pics
For the stock brake are better then original

ctf1.jpg

ctf2.jpg

Regards
Andrea

vivisticker.jpg

Michel,
Better braking as in less fade when you've been braking (reasonable) hard a couple of times. Also, a bit more initial bite when applying pressure on the pedal would be nice (but not necessarily a must).

The problem Is that you can put every pads that you want in the original calipers but if you have the rotor that going in Vibration they will push out the piston caliper conseguence poor braking power.
Like I told you if you different pads First retify the rotor and after put new pads

Andrea

vivisticker.jpg

Maarten,

I put a set of Ferrodo 2500's in before i went to Italy.
They definetely have less fading, but for the brakingpower, i do not see huge differences.

For fast driving, i think it's better like this. I also have the Peugot 206 GTI, and if you hit the brakes on that one, you'll find youre head on the windscreen. No good for spirrited driving, WOW, no feeling in the brake pedal.

Might be a personal preference though.

Mich

Don't forget also to put steel brake line kit you will have more hard pedal.
In Monza I tried the MOTUL RACING OIL DOT 6.1 and Worked realy good try it.
Before I had Castrol dot 4
But the better if you can find its the Castrol SFR

Andrea

vivisticker.jpg

Originally posted by MvM:
I have a '94 NSX with BBS-RSII rims, 17 front and 18 in the rear. Tires are 215/40 front and 265/35 rear.
I would like to have brake-pads that could/would give me better braking than the stock pads. After reading the posts here I would go for the RM-pads but I'm not sure if they are available in Europe.

If it's for street use only, I can highly recommend Accord Type-R pads.
They cost half as much as stock NSX pads and perform beautifully. I run them myself...

Guus

Guus,
I'm actually going to the track (first time) on August 3rd (Lelystad) and am planning to go to the Assen-trackday on Octobre 26th. Am also thinking about following the training from Prodrive. It's for those things that I would like to have brake-pads to perform a bit better than standard. A bigger/better brake-system is at the moment not (yet) an option for me unfortunately.

Back