• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Amazing NSX interior

I was just browsing through the photo galleries and found this new addition.

I have always loved the Ferrari 360's suede interior and always wondered what it would look like on a NSX. Well, wonder no more. This is AMAZING. I wonder what it would cost to just do a suede interior!

7923DSC04119-med.jpg

stacy'snsx said:
Problem with seude dash is it will fade FAST!!
You'd be lucky to get a year out of it.Just my $.02.
Stacy

That is why you use alcantara instead of suede. All the big car companies do it. The Maybach may be real suede but I'm not sure. Alcantara wears better and can be washed (its manmade but feels real). I'm not really a fan of that interior. I like the idea though and if it was done in a slightly more understated way, think it would look great. Oh, Alcantara isn't cheap though (I think $50-90/yard, not sure though) and its tough to work with as it doesn't stretch.

Looks out of place, weird, what kind of car is that?
Reminds me of the Jeep Wrangler special editions with the jean material interior.
tRev

Screw the suede. but I do like the door speaker setup. I like the dvd screen too except I live in Texas, and we must have our A/C :biggrin:

What's up with the bicycle lock cables where the driver's seat should be?

stacy'snsx said:
Problem with seude dash is it will fade FAST!!
You'd be lucky to get a year out of it.Just my $.02.
Stacy
oh really? so all the 360 Modenas are like that?

Russ said:
What's up with the bicycle lock cables where the driver's seat should be?

that is an alpine demo car, those are RCA cables that they use to rope off the doors at shows. They are just sitting in the seat. You cant see it in the pic, but there are three gauge cluster humps across that dash. :confused: Cool door panels though.

I like the way the center is molded so thet the DIN head units look a little more like they belong there and a little less like an afterthought. Still not integrated as well as the plain old OEM radio, but it's better than most of the other options right now.

And I'd like the suede/Alcantara if it was all one color. That whole interior just looks a little busy as it is.

Timpo said:
oh really? so all the 360 Modenas are like that?

The 360CS has a suede interior. At least I think it is suede. Maybe it is Alcantara :confused:

dave22 said:
The 360CS definitely has Alcantara, not suede.

Most 360CS have Alcantara, but not all of them. Leather is an upgrade on the CS.

I have silver Alcantara on my door's and dont like it much, I was going to do the center of my seats but decided not to as the color is to light.
I just bought 2 yards of Alcantara for $150.00.

prova4re said:
Most 360CS have Alcantara, but not all of them. Leather is an upgrade on the CS.

I was just verifying for NetViper that the suede-like dash is indeed Alcantara. I wasn't trying to claim all CSs have an Alcantara dash :smile:

And NetViper, I agree with you. The Alcantara definitely looks better than the vinyl to me, too.

Timpo said:
from the different angle...

cimg0117.jpg
From the first picture, I thought the interior did not look bad. But with this picture, the car has 3 screens, 3 gauges at the passenger's side. It started to look redundant and excessive. Non functional and over decorative stuffs do look stupid and ricey in a car much less in a fine performance car such as the NSX. This also sacrifices the essential eqipment such as the AC vents. They might as well put a fake steering wheel on the passenger's side to play driving along. Did I mention the neon lighting by the speakers?
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
From the first picture, I thought the interior did not look bad. But with this picture, the car has 3 screens, 3 gauges at the passenger's side. It started to look redundant and excessive. Non functional and over decorative stuffs do look stupid and ricey in a car much less in a fine performance car such as the NSX. This also sacrifices the essential eqipment such as the AC vents. They might as well put a fake steering wheel on the passenger's side to play driving along. Did I mention the neon lighting by the speakers?
Steve

Actually, that is why I didn't post the pic of the full thing.

I really liked the suede look with the nav pod integrated.

I don't like at all the gauges and extra screen in the passenger side.

Interesting interior.....Alpine and their demo cars are always over the top. If anyone saw their BMW M3 demo car from a few years back you know what I mean. :)

Back