• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

American Touge 3 - 12.20.06: Who's coming???

Tai

Experienced Member
Seems like this will be a fun event to attend. They are brining the Mine's GTR from Japan which I predict will reign over all of the US competitors, but all the cars look like they will be fun to watch. Not to mention they will be driven by KEICHi TSUCHIYA and Yasuyuki Kazama!

Unfortunately I will most likely be flying down and not bringing the NSX. Anyone in S Cali or a well known tuner like SOS etc should come to represent the NSX!

It's on December 20th at Willow Spring's raceway, and is open to the public. Who's coming? :smile:

http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/AT3/

2slow2speed said:
Err.. You must be a newbie, look at AT1 and AT2 and see who was there representing the NSX's, well known folks were there.

I'm not talking about AT1 or AT2, I'm talking about AT3 where there appears to be no NSX's competitors listed. Comptech and Factor X did an excellent job representing the American NSX, only they were beaten. Perhaps you can humbly enlighten us with who else will be competing this time. Or perhaps you couldn't.

So who else is going?

Tai said:
I'm not talking about AT1 or AT2, I'm talking about AT3 where there appears to be no NSX's competitors listed. Comptech and Factor X did an excellent job representing the American NSX, only they were beaten. Perhaps you can humbly enlighten us with who else will be competing this time. Or perhaps you couldn't.

Your original statement was the following:

Anyone in S Cali or a well known tuner like SOS etc should come to represent the NSX!

I would rather have no NSX's being represented than have a half assed NSX show up. I know of 2~3 cars in SoCal that would do well, but none of them would meet the criteria/rules set forth by the organizers because those cars are dedicated track/race NSX's :p

2slow2speed said:
I would rather have no NSX's being represented than have a half assed NSX show up. I know of 2~3 cars in SoCal that would do well, but none of them would meet the criteria/rules set forth by the organizers because those cars are dedicated track/race NSX's :p

No press is better than bad press, and I agree that I would rather not see an NSX be shamed by an Evolution or CRX. I was just hoping that someone had such a car that could compete. It would be great press for a tuner to compete if they had a worthy car to demonstrate their tuning capabilities referenced by someone like Tsuchiya who has pubicly tested many cars over the years. And I have never seen an NA SOS car in action.

Several car enthusiast friends of mine are planning to attend. It should beat watching the DVD and attendance is free. I think this is an event that none of us should miss.

Calling Danny Young....the USCC champion......???

NSX TT
650-677 HP
448 TQ
0-60 4.47 sec
[email protected] 1/4mile
209 ft braking from 80-0 mph
0.98 G Skidpad
1:27.74 sec lap time at Streets of Willow Springs Raceway driven by Eric Messley of EMI RacingSuspension...Grand Am/Daytona driver

are you going to compete?

it would be awesome to compete and win this one too..plus you get these Japanese SuperGT drivers to coment on your NSX.

then that would be TWO NSX to win American Touge.

Hey Lito,

Thanks for thinking of us. Didn't plan on AT3 or any of the Time Attack events the past month. The car is back at Autowave and we are working on MORE stuff for the car and hoping to be ready for Car and Driver's One Lap of America in May. Laundry list includes removing another 70-100 lbs, upping boost, more aerodynamics, and more cooling. Timing couldn't have been worse for anything this month.

Looks like 4 of the competitors are former USCC contestants (Hasport CRX, Prototype Elise, APR STI and Prototype STI) 3 of which we beat by over 5 seconds on a 1:30 track. Looks like the XS Engineering R32 is the car to beat though; it is WAYYY faster than last year's R34 winner. It would have been interesting but I'm pretty sure it would have taken us in our current USCC trim. Not sure about the Dinan M3, but the Mine's R34 and the Stoptech Z06 should do well. Maybe next year.

Best Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Hey Lito,

Thanks for thinking of us. Didn't plan on AT3 or any of the Time Attack events the past month. The car is back at Autowave and we are working on MORE stuff for the car and hoping to be ready for Car and Driver's One Lap of America in May. Laundry list includes removing another 70-100 lbs, upping boost, more aerodynamics, and more cooling. Timing couldn't have been worse for anything this month.

Looks like 4 of the competitors are former USCC contestants (Hasport CRX, Prototype Elise, APR STI and Prototype STI) 3 of which we beat by over 5 seconds on a 1:30 track. Looks like the XS Engineering R32 is the car to beat though; it is WAYYY faster than last year's R34 winner. It would have been interesting but I'm pretty sure it would have taken us in our current USCC trim. Not sure about the Dinan M3, but the Mine's R34 and the Stoptech Z06 should do well. Maybe next year.

Best Regards,

Danny

WOW.....go lighter by 70-100lb !!!!

crap Danny.........with increasing your boost/HP, will you soon have to put stronger rear end? I will keep an eye on prime and on Mags for your NSX.

as for Touge, this sounds year sounds to be a tough one.......the cool thing is, that you get to hear what KEICHi TSUCHIYA and Yasuyuki Kazama thinks of your cars performance.

we will see if huge power will win, or perfect balance will. since this is only Track performance rating....comfort is not factor....just speed, grip and how easy it can turn.

Hmm.. 1:27.74 at SOWS really isn't that fast.. especially given the specs you listed for this NSX. :confused:

litoG said:
Calling Danny Young....the USCC champion......???

NSX TT
650-677 HP
448 TQ
0-60 4.47 sec
[email protected] 1/4mile
209 ft braking from 80-0 mph
0.98 G Skidpad
1:27.74 sec lap time at Streets of Willow Springs Raceway driven by Eric Messley of EMI RacingSuspension...Grand Am/Daytona driver

are you going to compete?

it would be awesome to compete and win this one too..plus you get these Japanese SuperGT drivers to coment on your NSX.

then that would be TWO NSX to win American Touge.

Nimbus said:
Hmm.. 1:27.74 at SOWS really isn't that fast.. especially given the specs you listed for this NSX. :confused:

They said the accelaration is wicked but the when it turns, lets just say it wasnt its strongest point. Something to do with all the intercoolers in the trunk if I remember correctly.:wink:

The Kid said:
They said the accelaration is wicked but the when it turns, lets just say it wasnt its strongest point. Something to do with all the intercoolers in the trunk if I remember correctly.:wink:

Actually, 1:27 was "fucking fast" according to the associate editor during the USCC awards banquet at the end of the event. Streets has several configurations, this was apparently the "long" version. As in any racing event, conditions and configurations will affect outcome; any beginner autocrosser can understand this. To get a better feel of what 1:27 meant, just look at how the other competitors did. The Crawford STI came in 3 seconds behind us in third place. Apparently, this was a more technical configuration, which should have favored the AWD or lighter cars, neither of which I can claim my car to be. The Robispec EVO (a major EVO player) was 4+ seconds behind before he blew a head gasket. The same Crawford STI/ driver combo won their Limited AWD class in the Super Street Time Attack last month.

As for turning, I doubt there are many, if any, NSXs out there that can out handle mine. Erik Messeley set this car up exactly like Doug Hayashi's OTC NSX. We even scrapped my JRZs for Doug's Penskes. The Laminova IC's in the trunk weigh 16 pounds TOTAL so weight in the rear is not an issue. Not sure where the comment on the IC's weight affecting handling came from but it sounds pretty dumb.

The comment on the car's handling came in the Skidpad portion of USCC. The actual configuration was not a full circle. There was some seismic activity prior to USCC (The San Andreas Fault runs along the San Gabriel Mountains as it travels through the Antelope Valley where Streets is at) which caused a long 6" crack on the pavement. What they were able to come up with was a "Near" circle with a short straight portion; imagine a flat tire still on the car and you will get what it looked like. The NSX needed to "rotate in order to cut on and off the straight. There just was not enough room on the narrow bridge for this car to do its thing." Anyone who understands mid-engine handling characteristics will know that immediate off-center response is not as good as a front or rear engine setup due to less rotational inertia. The skidpad test driver felt a real circle shape skidpad (we still got 0.98 on that funky configuration) would have helped the NSX place better (we still got 3rd, ahead of the Lotus Elise). Hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Best Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Actually, 1:27 was "fucking fast" according to the associate editor during the USCC awards banquet at the end of the event. Streets has several configurations, this was apparently the "long" version. As in any racing event, conditions and configurations will affect outcome; any beginner autocrosser can understand this. To get a better feel of what 1:27 meant, just look at how the other competitors did. The Crawford STI came in 3 seconds behind us in third place. Apparently, this was a more technical configuration, which should have favored the AWD or lighter cars, neither of which I can claim my car to be. The Robispec EVO (a major EVO player) was 4+ seconds behind before he blew a head gasket. The same Crawford STI/ driver combo won their Limited AWD class in the Super Street Time Attack last month.

As for turning, I doubt there are many, if any, NSXs out there that can out handle mine. Erik Messeley set this car up exactly like Doug Hayashi's OTC NSX. We even scrapped my JRZs for Doug's Penskes. The Laminova IC's in the trunk weigh 16 pounds TOTAL so weight in the rear is not an issue. Not sure where the comment on the IC's weight affecting handling came from but it sounds pretty dumb.

The comment on the car's handling came in the Skidpad portion of USCC. The actual configuration was not a full circle. There was some seismic activity prior to USCC (The San Andreas Fault runs along the San Gabriel Mountains as it travels through the Antelope Valley where Streets is at) which caused a long 6" crack on the pavement. What they were able to come up with was a "Near" circle with a short straight portion; imagine a flat tire still on the car and you will get what it looked like. The NSX needed to "rotate in order to cut on and off the straight. There just was not enough room on the narrow bridge for this car to do its thing." Anyone who understands mid-engine handling characteristics will know that immediate off-center response is not as good as a front or rear engine setup due to less rotational inertia. The skidpad test driver felt a real circle shape skidpad (we still got 0.98 on that funky configuration) would have helped the NSX place better (we still got 3rd, ahead of the Lotus Elise). Hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Best Regards,

Danny

haha...way to set it straight Danny...:biggrin:

I actually started to type up similar...but I figured I would let you do it...and just keep it clean and informed Nimbus to link to the post or get the magazine.

like you mentioned.....look at the competition and Data...it speaks for itself.

lowellhigh79 said:
Hey Lito,

Best Regards,

Danny

That's really is too bad you can't make this years competition:frown:

Your car looks like it would do quite well. Let's hope you can compete next year and take the cup. It would make all of us happy to have an NSX be faster than all the new kids on the block.

Good luck on C&D's one lap America.

Cheers,

Tai

Tai said:
Seems like this will be a fun event to attend. They are brining the Mine's GTR from Japan which I predict will reign over all of the US competitors, but all the cars look like they will be fun to watch. Not to mention they will be driven by KEICHi TSUCHIYA and Yasuyuki Kazama!

Unfortunately I will most likely be flying down and not bringing the NSX. Anyone in S Cali or a well known tuner like SOS etc should come to represent the NSX!

It's on December 20th at Willow Spring's raceway, and is open to the public. Who's coming? :smile:

http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/AT3/

So is anyone else going to this? There's no schedule posted anywhere and I haven't gotten a reply when I emailed BMI.

lowellhigh79 said:
So who won? I recognize Joe McCarthy and his Prototype Elise from USCC. Did either the XS Engineering R32 or Stoptech Z06 show up?

Regards,

Danny

The result is in this pic. The R32 blew up during warm up, the Stoptech Z06 and the M3 did not show.

Taj said:
The result is in this pic. The R32 blew up during warm up, the Stoptech Z06 and the M3 did not show.

Wow. The Prototype Racing Lotus Elise that came in last overall at this year's USCC won......

Regards,

Danny

Back