• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another speeding ticket question...

Ok, i've read about a lot of people asking about how to get out of / how to deal with / what to do about a speeding ticket....

BUT, ... my question is, How many of you have gotten out of a ticket b/c you drive an NSX?? Or at least think/thought that was the reason you got out of it??

I've had more than enough tickets in my life, ... in 10+ states, ... more than I can honestly remember. A lot of them silly ones (to me at least), like 15 over in the interstate, etc.... :redface: :tongue:

But, I have received 2 warnings since owning my NSX, ... and they could've killed me with a fine!! :eek:
I just don't know what to think, .... they were nice to me, talked to me, etc. The let me off with a warning! :redface:
I feel so furtunate!

silly post, ... i know.... i just had to ask.

I am sure there is a direct, strong correlation to your demeanor now as opposed to back when you were picking up tickets frequently. Maturity adds a lot to the mix.
I always say be polite, humble and acknowledge what you did was wrong. Best chance of receiving a warning; at least when I was in the business. Oh, and BTW, remember to turn the stereo off! Guaranteed ticket if you leave the music cranked up while the officer is attempting to speak with you.

like Cairo94507 said be "polite, humble and acknowledge what you did was wrong"...being dressed well (i.e business casual and up) sometimes helps too

Only time i've ever been pulled over in the NSX i was let go.

- I was at O'hare picking up a friend (luckily right after a party or something where i was dressed in a suit for some reason)
- cop pulled me over for going 40 in the 25
- asked for licence, insurance, etc
- told me how fast i was going, informed me that i was speeding, hands on the wheel, looking him in the eye, I answered each question politely with "Yes, sir" "No, sir" (I was going 40 right in the area where it goes from 25-35mph speed limit)
- THEN, i notice he starts looking at the car :biggrin: "what kind of car is this?
- we chit chat for a while
- then he ends with "Well, seeing as you've been polite and a gentleman, and since the speed limit changes to 35mph about 10 feet from us...I LET YOU GO"
- Whooo-hooo! Thank you NSX! :tongue:
- I then told my friend "If i was still driving my Evo, that would have been a ticket for sure"
rofl.gif

I've gotten pulled over and ticketed more times in the NSX in a shorter period of time than anything I have driven.

The car gets too much attention and since it doesn't have massive TQ and a flat power band I have to wind it up. By the time I have a smirk on my face i see xmas light in my rear view mirror.

well, i definitely know that thought, ... "ok, i'll let off the gas now, .... then oh shit! there's a damn cop behind me!! .... hmm, how long has he been there!?? :confused: :p lol

As far as being polite and older, I have always been polite, rolled my windows down, turned off the radio, etc, ...with the exception of a couple times years back.
And unfortunately, I got tickets in every car I've owned (280z, mx-3, integra, wrx, sti, gsx, s13, s14, g35, ... i think that's it...), and Never did i get out of one ticket (ok, there was that one chic cop that was hot, she let me off! LOL).
I just got 2 tickets in the last 5 months of '07!! :eek: that was in my G, ... I SWEAR the NSX gets me out of them!! LOL
and I swear I don't drive like an idiot, i just like to get places 'quickly'. ;)

i'm definitely not going to press my luck though, ... i just couldn't get over the fact that 2 cops let me go with a warning, .... And they both were like "hey, i bet this car is pretty fast, ... how long have you had it", etc...LOL

i love my NSX. ;)

i've been pulled over in the nsx 4 times, got warnings twice
been pulled over 10+ times in the civic, got a ticket every time.:mad:

i've been pulled over in the nsx 4 times, got warnings twice
been pulled over 10+ times in the civic, got a ticket every time.:mad:

Similar experience w/ me. Been pulled over in the NSX. Warnings each time = no ticket. Pulled over in the GS-R = got ticket every time.

Same driver (me). Similar clothes (business casual - coming home from office). Same attitude - respectful and friendly.

Back