• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Antenna install

Guys,

I bought NSX with a fixed antenna. I'm old fashioned so am going to back to the anteanna that moves up and down automatically. I found the power, but need to know which wire on the antenna plug is the remote. Without the remote, the antenna will not work right. Anything will help. There are 4 wires coming from the plug joint.

Help.

Thanks.

need more info.

are you using an aftermarket radio or is it OEM?

has the wires been cut from a previous install?

are you running a remote to an aftermarket amp?

Everything on the car is oem except the as antenna I just bought. The antenna comes with three wires; black (ground), red (power), and green (remote on). From the car though, there are four wires. I just didn't want to screw anything up. Help deciphering will be appreciated.

If the stock harness to the antenna is still intach. It will be simple as plug n play.

OK, I dug out my copy of the ETM. If someone didn't cut off connector C553, a gray 4-pin connector on the wiring harness. There are 4 leads on it:
pink/wht to yel/wht on OEM antenna connector (pin 2): sound system on/off - your green lead
grn/red (pin 4): unused
wht/blue to wht/yel on OEM antenna connector (pin 1): +12V via Fuse 34 (15A) in the under-hood fuse/relay box (Always on; shared w/ interior light) - your red lead
blk to blk on OEM antenna connector (pin 3) : ground - your ground lead

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back