• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Antenna

Greetings. I am looking to replace my antenna on my 1991. The original one will not retract all the way no matter what I do. I would like to just replace it with the short stubby ones I have seen around. Can anyone tell me which one works on the NSX's and where to get it from. Also is it easy to remove the original one and install the new one. Thanks,

Mike

@SpeedyPartsJapan runs www.mitamotorsports.com and he sells a kit that includes the s2000 antenna retrofitted for the nsx

removal of the oem antenna is pretty easy, you'll unscrew the retaining ring on the outside, then remove a couple of the clips inside the trunk to pull back the trunk lining. Then I think it's 3 10mm bolts and unclip two wire harnesses and the whole unit just pulls out

here's some pictures of when I removed mine:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-quot-thread?p=1996758&viewfull=1#post1996758

antenna

you can also purchase just the mast for about $85 from acura .
remove the broken pieces by removing the silver round cover, install the new one and keep the oem antenna

I purchased the S2000 kit from Mita. Super simple, you'll leave the OEM antenna guts in the car and it took about 10 min to do. Looks great too.

Mitamotorsports s2000 antenna

I purchased the S2000 kit from Mita. Super simple, you'll leave the OEM antenna guts in the car and it took about 10 min to do. Looks great too.

I was wondering what the reception is like with the s2000 antenna. Does it physically connect to any of the guts of the original antenna or is it just sitting on top of the body panel? Thanks

Back