• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any chance these tires will fit?

Hello everyone,

I currently have 18 x 9 Blitz rims on the back with 265/35/18s. Does anyone know if there is any chance 285s will fit on the rim? I'm thinking not a chance, but someone is trying to convince me that they would fit, so I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. It seems like there is no issue in terms of wheel well space for 285s on the NSX, but im guessing I would need 18 x 10s. Thanks for the help.

Chicago said:
I currently have 18 x 9 Blitz rims on the back with 265/35/18s. Does anyone know if there is any chance 285s will fit on the rim?
As far as what fits on the rim, check the manufacturer's website for the tire you are considering. It should show an approved rim width range for each size and model of tire. For example, the specs for the Bridgestone S-03 show that the 285/30-18 is only approved for rim widths of 10.0-11.0 inches.

Quite aside from your question, I would not recommend 285 width tires on the rear of an NSX, just because that will create so much stagger (difference in width from ANY tire that will fit on the front without rubbing).

Yes, they will fit. However, the tires will be so wide that they will cover the lips of the rims when put together. I have the same situation on mine with smaller size wheels -- I like it, will you?

Back