• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Clear Bra Advice?

It is disturbing if it's 3M or similar material.

Check out this article: http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml

The author shot a pellet gun against his mirror (with and without film) from 10 meters at 280mph, and there was no paint damage when film was applied.

If you're getting paint damage from rocks at 60mph, something is seriously wrong with your film.

Maybe it was that and the M3 was spinning his tires, which may have increased the force of the impact?

I'm scheduled to have my Xpel done on the 26th, for $1,100. They're coming to my house to install it.

Maybe it was that and the M3 was spinning his tires, which may have increased the force of the impact?

You had to ask a physics problem, didn't you? :tongue: I'm experiencing a brain fart at the moment, but maybe a physics student can calculate how fast wheels on a vehicle traveling at 60mph can launch debris particles. The link I shared above says: "Testing from 3M reveals that the protectant will deflect road debris without film damage at up to 60MPH with the standard film."

In any case, even with film applied, I still try to maintain a 3-5 second gap between my car and the one in front of me, to minimize debris impact and give my aging reflexes ample time to react to road conditions.

I'm scheduled to have my Xpel done on the 26th, for $1,100. They're coming to my house to install it.

Cool! What areas are you having covered?

If you're getting paint damage from rocks at 60mph, something is seriously wrong with your film.

Agreed. Definitely wasn't Xpel, 3M or VentureShield. If it's any of those, the film itself might get damaged but not the paint. Believe I'd be checking to see what that stuff is and talking to whomever installed it---

Back