• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY: IAB Delete (Intake Air Bypass) (SOS Version) (91-05)

The IAB or Intake Air Bypass system in the first generation NSXs tend to have a critical design flaw. It's a common occurrence for the staked screws holding the butterfly valves to back out and find their way into your cylinder head. This problem can affect all 1991-2005 NSX. Enter Science of Speed and their IAB delete kit. I'll show you how to install the kit and never have to worry about butterfly valve screws ever again.

This video is installing the kit on a 91. Drive-by-Wire throttle bodies and 3.2L engines may have slight variation in wiring and hoses but the majority of the installation should be the same.

Myself and others have felt zero power/torque loss with this kit, but if you're still not a believer and want to keep your butterflies, you can use this video as a guide to remove your intake manifold to have the butterflies welded instead.

SOS IAB Delete: https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...ke-air-bypass-iab-delete-kit-nsx-1991-05.html

0:00 - What's In the Box
2:11 - Intake Manifold Removal
19:42 - Intake Manifold Disassembly
24:29 - IAB Delete Installation
28:55 - Intake Manifold Installation

I’m doing mine this winter for peace of mind. Thanks for taking the time to do a How-To video this will come in handy.

BTW I would love to see an Early ABS seal replacement/ rebuild video. I have been sitting on the seals to replace mine for a while. I just haven’t attempted it just yet.

I’m doing mine this winter for peace of mind. Thanks for taking the time to do a How-To video this will come in handy.

BTW I would love to see an Early ABS seal replacement/ rebuild video. I have been sitting on the seals to replace mine for a while. I just haven’t attempted it just yet.
Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I won’t be doing an early ABS rebuild. I actually have 3 units though so if anyone wants one to mess around with lmk lol. But I believe there’s a video on YouTube of someone rebuilding it because I remember watching one at one point.

Back