• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any good Maryland mechanics?

Does anyone know of a good shop to do some aftermarket work and also maintain my NSX. I live in N.E. MD (Baltimore County) and know a few shops but I'm not sure they can handle an NSX. It seems most posts talk about Acura dealers ... ?? I just bought my mint '91 Red from Frankel Acura in Hunt Valley......Any experiences to share ??

I've been very happy with:
Ben Schaefer
Schaeffer Import Auto Care Inc
2878 Daisy Road
Woodbine, MD 21797

He's off Rt 70 and came as a recommendation to me as someone experienced with the NSX. They mainly do Acura and Honda race cars, but some street cars (mine was the only street car in the shop at the time).

He just did some work for me and I was very pleased with the work and prices. The only problem I had was that he was in the tail end of his race season and it took a while for him to finish the work. I'll go back to him in second.

Tell him Todd sent you.

Send a private e-mail if you want more info and congrats on the purchase.

I take mine to Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg. Mike is the owner and another Mike is the service manager. They removed my engine a few weeks ago to send out to California to be completly reinforced by Gerry Johnson, so I know they are capable and compitent people.

Back