• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any good NSX mechanics in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles County, Calif?

rtb

I'm trying to help a friend get his low mileage 91 NSX running...he is the original owner of this car and has not started it in maybe a year...he has too many cars and too many projects...poor guy. I have had a couple myself but it has been many years. Anyway, he is able to get it to run for only a moment by squirting gas into a vacuum line in the intake. He thinks it maybe the fuel pump but does not want to replace it if there might be a more simple fix.

If you have any ideas of things to check, that would be a big help. Or does anyone know of a knowledgeable mechanic in the general area, we would appreciate the info.

I'd like to talk him out of the car but that's another story...

Thanks...Terry

Terry,

I think the chances that it is a fuel pump is remote. A much better bet is a gummed up throttle body from the lack of running. There's a REALLY good private shop in Chatsworth - Specialty Z. Obviously, they specialize in Z cars but the two owners are as competent and honest as the day is long. I don't say that easily. Call Sebastian or Greg (co-owners) if you haven't found anybody and see if they can help. Maybe the can, maybe not - but I guarantee you will enjoy to meet either one of these guys as they have their act together. Tell them Kendall sent you.

I met them because all that we do now is the Ford GT. Greg and Sebastian have a dyno that they let us use and as recently as Friday, we had 6 Ford GT's over there. Very quality people - I can't say enough.

Back