• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any gun afficianados here?

Hi everyone! Just wanted to know if anybody here is a gun enthusiast like myself?

I'm a member of NRA (NAt'l Rifle Assoc.,)and IDPA (Int'l Defensive Pistol Assoc). I usually join the regular combat shooting matches locally. It's a fun and exciting sports - very competitive.

I was wondering if anybody here is familiar with IPSIC? I heard
it's a great league/club to join!

:D

Just now starting to get into handguns but I really enjoy shotguns. Have a few old side by sides and a small armory of sport, skeet, and bird guns. Academic institutions tend to frown on firearms so they stay back at the ranch;)

Conor

I'm interested in guns as well. I would like to buy a pre-pan car-15 thats in a reasonable price. But every time i find one I never have the money to buy it LOL:D Just love those rifles. If I could only buy an m4a1:D

Wow! It's good to know that some of us have interest in guns - particularly collecting and or as a sports.

Here's a pic of the other toys!

LinkPhoto

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I AM DROOOOLING..........DRRRROOOOLING!!!!!!! I LIKE YOU!!! A PERFECT COMBINATION!!!! Lets go duck hunting. I'll take the M4 and you can take the other. However, I think you should change to a collapsable stock. :D

If anyone have toooo much in their inventory, PM me....I may take one or some off of your hand. I can't have enough of it. :)

jagtiger said:
Here's a pic of the other toys!

LinkPhoto

<B>jagtiger</B> : :eek: :eek: That is some cool hardware! :cool:
any more pix???
I love the H&K ... any chances of borrowing it for a week or too? i have some 'problems' to eliminate! :p j/k

I read the integral silencer is soooo effective that you can't hear anything but the slight 'tick, tick' from the hammer at 15feet; nothing at 30 feet. Is that true? :eek:

My paintball gun is twice as loud as a silenced mp, when the right ammo is used. The mp5SD has ports in the barrel which makes it very efficient, but you since can not use sub-sonic ammo with the SD longer range shots will still crack the sound barrier. So any 9mm with a good silencer and the right ammo is actually quieter.

It's still the best suppresed smg in the world.

Jonathan

Its funny ... but I see posts like this one and laugh because it seems many people into the NSX are into other similar things. I have seen a "Watch" post (I have a few higher end watches), a "Stereo Equipment" post (again, I have some nice pieces) and this one on guns... I currently have a Krieghoff K-80 trap gun, a Garbi 100, Sig 229-40ca, Sig 232-380ca, a preban AR-15 with some goodies, and a Norinco Chinese AK-47 (probably the most fun thing to shoot ever!)
See how buying the X has brought everyone with similar interested together! What a great car, and a wonderful community......

Last year I picked up a near mint 1962 Colt Python 357 Magnum 6" barrel revolver. It's valued at around $1400. Not a bad payment in exchange for upgrading a friend's computer!

I also have a Winchester 1300 Defender 12 gauge pump shotgun for home defense. Next up will probably be a Mini-14/30 for plinking. Otherwise, I don't have any other guns "in my sights." :)

I am also a shooter.
I have
Sig 380 nickel plated, very accurate
Glock 9mm, hate it, Model 19
several .22 handguns
Taurus 9mm
Tec 9mm
intertech .22
Several shotguns
AR-15 H-bar preban with collapsible stock
FN-FAL 308 NATO (super bad a$$ gun)
SKS preban
AK preban
Street sweeper 12 gauge
Several other rifles
I also have a concealed carry permit that I was awarded when I was 18. I love to skeet shoot. I am currently looking for a Spas 12

Donwon,

You should come out to the sticks and go shooting at Issak Walton in Damascus sometime. I think I've seen you driving out near Darnestown Road and near the Soccer Plex-lovely car BTW;)

Conor

Hmm, don't know. I go mostly with some high school buddies to shoot trap and skeet and some handguns. I'll see if they all full auto (might impress some of the farm folk;) Do you have a range out in your neck of the woods? (I'm just inside Howard County near Laytonsville BTW).

Conor

Heres one of mine. Open bolt 9mm and .45 full auto. This one is for sale if anyone is interested.

back.JPG

front.JPG

You need a class III permit.

Conor,

there is an Isaak Walton a few minutes away, But I usually goto Gilberts or Select-fire (only local places that I know of that allow full auto)

PM when the weather warms up. I'll still have my glock 18 full auto.

Are you pondering what I am pondering? OMG!!! This is outrageous......I hope you are not attempting to conquer the world :D You got Tec 9 really? sweeeet!!! Outstanding collection here friend...btw, how can you get a conceal weapon?

steveny said:
I am also a shooter.
I have
Sig 380 nickel plated, very accurate
Glock 9mm, hate it, Model 19
several .22 handguns
Taurus 9mm
Tec 9mm
intertech .22
Several shotguns
AR-15 H-bar preban with collapsible stock
FN-FAL 308 NATO (super bad a$$ gun)
SKS preban
AK preban
Street sweeper 12 gauge
Several other rifles
I also have a concealed carry permit that I was awarded when I was 18. I love to skeet shoot. I am currently looking for a Spas 12

Man o man o man, don't even get me started on this stuff! :) I've been a firearms afficionado since high school, when I took interest in precision marksmanship, pistol shooting in particular. My collection, for the most part, reflected my participation in varying disciplines, with each has its own set of rules, or "specs", and offers different types of challenges, just like in the racing world. So my collection is quite extensive, from $2k Olympic Rapid Fire Pistols like the Walther OSP to custom built revolvers based on the S &W L frame for the Bianchi Cup (aka NRA Action Pistol). On the rifle side, I got some long range competition grade rifles based on the AR-15 frame to Chinese Dragunov and post ban FN-FAL clones. And the list goes on and on and on........

My favorite gun of all time is the good ole Colt Python (thanks to City Hunter- a popular manga series- the catalyst that turned once skinny teenage skateboarder into an Olympic Shooter), unfortunately haven't been produced by Colt for quite some time, nor I doubt will it ever be produced again. I have almost just about every finish and barrel lengths conceivable, with the exception of the 3" combat python, which had a very limited run in 1989, AND pre 70's production run, like 50's or 60's run. I hear that there were 3 orig. master gunsmiths that works on them since early 50's, and as they get older, their eyesights and some of their skills have deteriorated. It got to the point that by the 90's, most if not all 3 have died of old age or what have you, so they handed the crafting of Pythons to a bunch of novices. And so the quality of Pythons had gone down hill since the late 80's....

AutoPhile,

Got more of them '62 pythons you might be interested in selling? :)

You Bastards!!! Just playing:D . But yeah you guys are some lucky people (for those who can own Full Automatics). In WA I believe that you can't own a Full Auto. So unfair. Does anybody have something very impressive like a M60 or something???:D

Zanardi 50 said:
AutoPhile,

Got more of them '62 pythons you might be interested in selling? :)

Sorry Zanardi, but mine is the only one I am aware of (and it's not for sale at the moment :)). The person who originally owned the gun is a seriously meticulous collector who, fortunately for me, is also a good friend. He had the trigger tuned to a crisp 2.5-3 lb pull, but otherwise it is stock and almost unused. After over a year of ownership, I haven't fired it yet.

Being relatively green to the world of gun ownership, I'm glad to hear that someone is impressed with what I have! :D

So when you hear a "bump" in the night, which gun do you grab? In other words, what would you choose as a home defense weapon?

I recently bought a Beretta model 92 9mm for home defense which came recommended by friends and my neighbor who owns the gun shop. My father-in -law says it's no good for home defense because the bullets could go through several walls. He said a 45 would be better.

I wanted a pistol so that I could keep it inside a gun safe as I have two boys 10 and 12.

Back