• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any history on 1997 NSX jh4na2160vt000280 Bloomington IN Pearl Yellow in for sale?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've had an 05 S2000 for a summer/fun car that I bought new and am looking to get an NSX. I'm seriously considering the 97 Yellow one in the for sale forum. I did a search and see it was discussed here back in 04 when it was for sale. As far as I can tell the wheels on this look like the originals so I assume the ugly chrome ones everyone was talking about have been removed.

Does anyone have any info they'd like to share about this car. It seems to fit what I want. I'd like a T model since I love my convertible in the summer and hate to lose that. I want a car to drive, not a garage queen. I put about 5,000 miles on the S2000 every summer, probably half of it in road trips all over the country. I'm not looking for something I would worry about taking on trips. I also would like it in yellow or red, and with anything but a tan interior. My S2000 is black and I love the look but it's so hard to keep clean.

Thanks for any input you can guys to provide, and hopefully I'll soon be posting as "new owner" here.

Bob

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about the car except for the fact that it's been sitting at that dealer for some time now. I check craigslist for NSX related stuff about once a week and this car has been popping up for some time now. Those wheels are stock, 94-01 wheels looked the same but 94-96 were gun metal and 97-01 cars came with the same ones as you can see on that yellow car. From what I can see in pictures the car looks like it's lowered, has 2002+ rear valence (something most of us would like to have on a pre 02) and an aftermarket shift knob. If you're local and the dealer doesn't mind take the car to Source1 in Ohio for the PPI (pre purchase inspection). http://www.s1automotive.com/#!map/cla8

I hope this helps, good luck!

P.S. What color is the S2000? :D

The S2000 is black. Would a lowered NSX have issues scraping the front going in and out of normal driveways and such?

this car was first posted 3 months ago with pictures of a strange bend in the front valance . The most recent pics appear to have the bend photoshopped out of the picture. If you are serious about this car. I would ask him about the bend, Has it been repaired or are the recent images photoshopped to get more attention because my first opinion was...that strange bend has a story to tell. Good luck

Thanks, I just talked to him, he said in the original pictures the valance was a little off and several people mentioned it so he had his mechanic adjust it so it's level again. He said that was all they did to it.

The S2000 is black. Would a lowered NSX have issues scraping the front going in and out of normal driveways and such?

My car is only lowered by about 1/4" and if you looked at my driveway you wouldn't say I could possibly scrape but I would if I didn't do it in my special way ;)

Hey,

I'm new as well & have spoke with salesmen. He sent me some detailed photos and briefly chatted about the history/condition:

1. Small scratches on front bumper (multiple), single on hood, door (next to handle), rear bumper (valance)
2. Interior looks like it's seen slightly better days but considering the year overall I would rate it good.
3. One of the QTR panels may have been repainted from original owner, no body work (stated) possible shopping car incident.

For 45K it is a good deal, but will need some pampering. Hope this helps.

needs a thorough ppi for typical engine / compression / etc.; are the panels original?; is the paint original?; leather can be replaced for <$1K if not so good; hidden accident with replaced body panel is something you want to know about if you're paying full price. a seller almost got me on "clean carfax" and "no known accident" until i got the ppi showing 3+ panels replaced - i passed on the car.

Addendum: current owner confused whether my experience was with this particular car. no, i was just stating a general precaution. my personal experience is documented here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/175231-Any-info-on-JH4NA2167YT000202-2000-Silver-in-AZ

Last edited:
In my book, panels replaced = accident.

Carfax tells you very little with an exotic car, most people keep repairs off the book for resale purposes. PPI from Source 1 will tell you for sure though. I wouldn't pay top dollar for a questionable car without a thorough PPI from an experienced NSX tech.

Last edited:
I don't disagree, but it's hard when the seller is not close to anywhere. The closest Source 1 is in the next state, 2 1/2 or 3 hours away. The closest Acura dealer is an hour away. He called the local Honda dealer and they said they won't inspect it. I found a shop nearby and called them, they said "we'll look at, we've worked on hondas before but never actually on an NSX.

I would still contact Brian from Source1, maybe he knows someone in the area who can look at the car for you.

Good luck!

That's a good idea, which Source 1 does he work at, thanks.

That's a good idea, which Source 1 does he work at, thanks.

There are VERY helpful members around this car. We may be a little far for a PPI but just off the top of my head maybe check with "Meeyatch" he is a member here. See if he is close enough and wouldn't mind taking a closer look. I would inspect the bottom of the car thoroughly. Make sure there is no damage under it. It is very low.

I'm new to 'Prime and have been searching for a 97-2001 for several months. This one has been staring me in the face with every search. It's still there in Bloomington but has not dropped in price since going down to $45K. I had a guy go check it out, but the dealer was keeping it warehoused, off premises. I'm not sure if he has made it back with an appointment. Anyone have anything new on this car's history or condition? (I'm in FL and cannot travel all over looking at cars unless there's a high probability of a successful deal.)

The car has sold today. Only one person other than the buyer (thread starter) came to check it out. Surprised it lasted so long!
Thanks prime.

Back