• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info on this NSX at Burlington Acura?

Welcome to the ownership experience.

I never knew owning ITRs is so complicated. They are that easy to get stolen?

Since I now own both an NSX and an Integra Type R I feel I am able to write an un-biased comparison between the two. You may disagree with me but be gentle. I love both of these cars equally and am enthusiastic about both of them. The two cars are extremely alike; yet in other ways they are worlds apart.

The Integra Type R is widely considered to be the best handling front wheel drive car EVER. The NSX is very light but it weighs 500 lbs more and believe me, you can feel every one of those 500 lbs. It's still a handling dream but it's nowhere near as nimble at tight cornering as the Integra Type R. The NSX produces 270 horsepower and has an 8000 rpm redline. The Integra Type R produces 195 horsepower at an 8400 rpm redline. The rev limiter on the Integra Type R however is 9000 rpm so there is ample revs available during cornering without requiring a shift. The NSX would greatly benefit from another thousand revs. 500 lbs approximately is a lot to give up for 70 horsepower and 400 power making / usable revolutions.

The gear box in the NSX and in fact the gear ratios as well are just so perfect. I really wish the gear box in the Integra Type R felt even 1/4 as good. The NSX pulls like a monster off the line but seems to lose a bit of steam once you get into third. The Integra R is notorious for being a slug in a drag race but continues to build up acceleration if you can get out of the horrendous dig at the starting line and keep the rpm's above 5600 through every shift.

The Integra Type R uses momentum to eat up pavement in the corners. The NSX is a couple of seconds faster in the quarter mile but on the right track (a very tight, twisty track) I have absolutely no doubt that the Integra Type R would have the advantage. The Integra Type R is definitely more go-kart like in it's handling and high strung - super hyper flavor of rev happy psychoticness. There is no in-between it has a split personality. It feels like a grocery getter under 5600 rpm and it turns into Dr. Hyde above that and all the way to 9k rpms. Of the two the Integra Type R is more of a raw race car. The NSX is more of an exotic and is more refined.

The NSX is a lot less forgiving when it comes to gear selection. If you mash the pedal in too high of a gear it lugs a bit but it doesn't suffer the achilles heal of carrying a passenger the way the ITR does. Putting a 200 lb passenger in the ITR completely deletes it's performance benefits. This is one reason why passengers may exit the car feeling a bit unimpressed. To truly experience an ITR you have to drive it by yourself.

The clutch on the NSX is VERY hard. It's really a leg breaker. I think it's even harder than the Exedy racing clutch I had in my turbo Integra RS. I understand why though. Man can that car ever pull out of the hole.

The NSX, Ferrari 360, and Corvette C6 all share design by Pininfarina. People unfamiliar with this fact often say things such as "GM ripped off Ferrari's headlight design." etc. If looks could kill the NSX would be serial. It's absolute eye candy.

The engine note on the NSX is so good that it just dares you to step on it.
It would only be better minus the sound deadening material that prevents you from having an audible Type R experience.

I can only imagine what an NSX Type R might be like. If the difference is as vast as comparing an everyday Integra to an Integra R the NSX Type R must be an absolute blast. The NSX is a fantastic car but it also really highlights how much of a cheap thrill the Integra R can be!

Both cars seem to get a lot of attention but the NSX got A LOT of compliments today when I was out driving around. The Integra Type R is too often confused as just another car by most people because it doesn't have the exotic sweeps. I personally however LOVE the looks of both of these cars. The NSX is an exotic and it's really beautiful to admire. Both of these cars were engineered to be timeless masterpieces. Let's face it. Compliments are a big part of the fun factor when it comes to owning a collectors car!

I can't really say which I prefer. I LOVE both for totally different reasons. NSX owners if you've never driven an Integra R I think you need to try it. You may fall in love too.

A few things!

Awesome color choice - there are not many whites around and yours will stand out amongst a sea of NSXs.

Possible that the clutch isnt stock? It should not be stiff.

YOU NEED WHEELS!!!

And you can make the NSX handle much more like a gokart very easily. Get coilovers with stiffness in the same ratio as NSXR has. Stock NSX softer up front - reverse of what it should be! I didnt enjoy the handling in my ex-02 versus my previous S2000. It was easy to fix.

And lastly, but most importantly you MUST join the NSX Club of Canada now! PM Bram to see if you can get a reduced rate for this year given that 3/4s of it is behind us.

http://nsxclub.ca/

You have your car just in time for the fall cruise! You need to be a member to attend but there are tons of other benefits - lots of social events, discounts on labour and parts at sponsoring dealerships, basically everything you will need to enhance your ownership experience. Its great to be surrounded by like minded enthusiasts with the same car!

hint: it seems that there are a number of NSXs in the Niagara region now. Perhaps it is time for a Niagara chapter of the NSX Club?

hint hint: your car would look awesome with a set of red carbon kevlar OMP racing buckets! ;)

Last edited:
Dave is right. You need to join the club and meet the group. The fall cruise is coming up so definitely sign up for that.

Great review by the way. Don't know how many time we went to Cayuga and DDT thinking a Type R would be a better car for the track. I have never driven one and hopefully in time I get a chance to. "hint hint"

The big question is which car would get the garage? I thought I knew but given your passion for both I am not so sure now.

Congrats again!!

Great review NSX vs Type R.

I can tell you the Type R NSX is a total different BEAST, after driving one in Japan.... I would even go so far as to say that the Type S (Zanardi) is more a race car that the normal NSX.

So I can understand and appreciate your opinion on the ITR.....I have driven regular Intergra but no ITR.

Having said that, and reading your impression, I know now that I have to take my ITR search up a couple of notches.

So I'm looking for a Black/White or Red...

Bram

Last edited:
Great review, and pretty much what I expected.

Join the club, especially where you live there are numerous benefits. Great bunch of people.

I'm actually also looking for an ITR, bone stock for a track car. I'm considering retiring my NSX as a track toy (too expensive to maintain at the level I'd like and so hard to beat on her regularly) and going with either an ITR or Exige.

Hey

that was a really well thought out review enjoyed every minute of reading it...man one day my garage will have to be like yours the best of both worlds...

great pics as well...gotta use it as my screen saver on my computer lol

great read. thank you.

Since I now own both an NSX and an Integra Type R I feel I am able to write an un-biased comparison between the two. You may disagree with me but be gentle. I love both of these cars equally and am enthusiastic about both of them. The two cars are extremely alike; yet in other ways they are worlds apart.

The Integra Type R is widely considered to be the best handling front wheel drive car EVER. The NSX is very light but it weighs 500 lbs more and believe me, you can feel every one of those 500 lbs. It's still a handling dream but it's nowhere near as nimble at tight cornering as the Integra Type R. The NSX produces 270 horsepower and has an 8000 rpm redline. The Integra Type R produces 195 horsepower at an 8400 rpm redline. The rev limiter on the Integra Type R however is 9000 rpm so there is ample revs available during cornering without requiring a shift. The NSX would greatly benefit from another thousand revs. 500 lbs approximately is a lot to give up for 70 horsepower and 400 power making / usable revolutions.

The gear box in the NSX and in fact the gear ratios as well are just so perfect. I really wish the gear box in the Integra Type R felt even 1/4 as good. The NSX pulls like a monster off the line but seems to lose a bit of steam once you get into third. The Integra R is notorious for being a slug in a drag race but continues to build up acceleration if you can get out of the horrendous dig at the starting line and keep the rpm's above 5600 through every shift.

The Integra Type R uses momentum to eat up pavement in the corners. The NSX is a couple of seconds faster in the quarter mile but on the right track (a very tight, twisty track) I have absolutely no doubt that the Integra Type R would have the advantage. The Integra Type R is definitely more go-kart like in it's handling and high strung - super hyper flavor of rev happy psychoticness. There is no in-between it has a split personality. It feels like a grocery getter under 5600 rpm and it turns into Dr. Hyde above that and all the way to 9k rpms. Of the two the Integra Type R is more of a raw race car. The NSX is more of an exotic and is more refined.

The NSX is a lot less forgiving when it comes to gear selection. If you mash the pedal in too high of a gear it lugs a bit but it doesn't suffer the achilles heal of carrying a passenger the way the ITR does. Putting a 200 lb passenger in the ITR completely deletes it's performance benefits. This is one reason why passengers may exit the car feeling a bit unimpressed. To truly experience an ITR you have to drive it by yourself.

The clutch on the NSX is VERY hard. It's really a leg breaker. I think it's even harder than the Exedy racing clutch I had in my turbo Integra RS. I understand why though. Man can that car ever pull out of the hole.

The NSX, Ferrari 360, and Corvette C6 all share design by Pininfarina. People unfamiliar with this fact often say things such as "GM ripped off Ferrari's headlight design." etc. If looks could kill the NSX would be serial. It's absolute eye candy.

It would only be better minus the sound deadening material that prevents you from having an audible Type R experience.

I can only imagine what an NSX Type R might be like. If the difference is as vast as comparing an everyday Integra to an Integra R the NSX Type R must be an absolute blast. The NSX is a fantastic car but it also really highlights how much of a cheap thrill the Integra R can be!

Both cars seem to get a lot of attention but the NSX got A LOT of compliments today when I was out driving around. The Integra Type R is too often confused as just another car by most people because it doesn't have the exotic sweeps. I personally however LOVE the looks of both of these cars. The NSX is an exotic and it's really beautiful to admire. Both of these cars were engineered to be timeless masterpieces. Let's face it. Compliments are a big part of the fun factor when it comes to owning a collectors car!

I can't really say which I prefer. I LOVE both for totally different reasons. NSX owners if you've never driven an Integra R I think you need to try it. You may fall in love too.

Thanks for the warm comments everyone!
Membership fees paid and application info sent over.

The big question is which car would get the garage? I thought I knew but given your passion for both I am not so sure now.

The Integra R is safely tucked away in a garage at an undisclosed location :)

Last edited:

Nice read +1

lol love the stored at an undisclosed location comment...but i would think the nsx would be alot safer parked outside then an itr would...either way maybe time to invest in a nice hoist inside your garage to park both inside if it was possible

awesome review! rare to have both together and both in white :)

Now you'll have a hard decision on which car to drive...

Its a small world... the Black you posted in above pic a buddy of mine just bought. Bobby (Bobbyboy78) here on Prime I'm sure you'll see more from him in coming months. :smile:

I'm loving all this great talk about the legendary Integra Type-R. I am one of the few that had the pleasure of owning one. Absolutely loved it.

I agree with the comments of 8400RPM. The ITR was definitely a go-kart driving experience...but on steriods! Not to mention that I did go a little crazy on it. I got the engine fully built and was running the Peakboost kit on it. She dyno'd at 415hp and 315 tq to the wheels after everything was done...an unbelievable monster.

Loved that car

Back