• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any other full time affiliates/Internet marketers as a profession?

I know the stereotypical NSX owner is usually a pilot, doctor, or engineer of some type and I think that's cool but I'm wondering how many others are in my profession which is on-line marketing FULL TIME?

If you are then post!

I know the stereotypical NSX owner is usually a pilot, doctor, or engineer of some type and I think that's cool but I'm wondering how many others are in my profession which is on-line marketing FULL TIME?

If you are then post!

Back in the late 90s I had some side businesses in basically on-line marketing. I was actually making just as much with those as I did in my real job. Dot com bubble burst, and all the affiliates I used went bankrupt, and it fell apart.
I was thinking about getting back into it on the side though. Just a secondary source of income.
What sites do you own?

I am going to start to do marketing soon. I am a game artist programer designer sound ect guy. But now I want to do something that I always wanted instead of working for someone else. The way I see it is there are 2 types of people the ones that makes there dreams come true and the ones that makes other peoples dreams come true. I am done with making others people dreams come true.

I guess I don't really understand how you can make enough money from doing this unless you own some REALLY popular domain names. I'd be curious to learn some of what's involved. I used to get a few bucks (literally) from my Dell link I had on a site before, but it wasn't trafficked enough to provide anything beyond a meal at McD's every few months.

Oh?

I thought there were more people on the business side than all of those above.

I'm curious what the current demographic is.
I would guess 20% business owners, 60% high level career professionals, 20% in progress.

I guess I don't really understand how you can make enough money from doing this unless you own some REALLY popular domain names. I'd be curious to learn some of what's involved. I used to get a few bucks (literally) from my Dell link I had on a site before, but it wasn't trafficked enough to provide anything beyond a meal at McD's every few months.

The biggest thing to learn is SEO. After you master that, it doesn't matter what you're linking to or selling. Google wasn't big in 99 though. Back then, you could trick search engines really easily. I imagine it's not easy to trick google and no one uses anything else. There are forums dedicated to SEO though, if you spend the time you can master it.
One thing that got me, that I'm sure would be the same for you, is whether to sink time into learning SEO, and creating/managing websites, or spend that same time learning a new IT skill.

Back