• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any other guitarists? Space in boot/trunk Q

Just wondering if there are any guitarists out there? If so, do you know if a LP Standard guitar case will fit in the boot (trunk!) of the NSX?

Need to go and collect a guitar tomorrow and I need it to be out of sight while the car's parked up.

From memory, I think it should, but it'd be nice to get confirmation.

I have had a guitar in there before but am not familiar with that case. Careful with the temperature. The trunk does get warm when driving and depending on your location and where you are parking, it could cause lacker cracks in an accoustic (probably an electric as well) if there is enough change in temperature. Freaked me out when that happened to me in college (although some guitarists feel it releases better sound over time due to them.

Anyway good luck.

I echo the concerns about heat in the trunk while actually driving.....but other than that, rock on!

Rafting Rocks!.jpg

Brian

:) Thanks chaps.

I can keep the guitar in the passenger seat for the drive and then let it sit in the boot while it's parked. This particular guitar has penty of lacquer cracks anyway - a few new ones wouldn't hurt.

Just found the boot dimensions on another thread here, and it looks like it'll fit OK (Les Paul case is about 16in at widest by about 43in long and about 5in high). So I think I'll be OK...

My guitars always ride shotgun.

:) Thanks chaps.

I can keep the guitar in the passenger seat for the drive and then let it sit in the boot while it's parked. This particular guitar has penty of lacquer cracks anyway - a few new ones wouldn't hurt.

Just found the boot dimensions on another thread here, and it looks like it'll fit OK (Les Paul case is about 16in at widest by about 43in long and about 5in high). So I think I'll be OK...

It's not just the lacquer cracks that you should be worried about. It's really the joints from wood when it's "glued" together. Coming from a previous cello player of 20 years you don't want to leave your instrument in the car anyways if it's hot out or cold outside. Even if it's not wood but another material "I don't know what guitars are made of", but just some tips from my past...

Yeah dude, it's way too hot in there for a guitar. You may be able to get away with it with a les paul cause they're so thick but anything else especially an acoustic would be detrimental to the instrument. No way your intonation would be on after that. So you would look cool arriving at your gig but good luck tuning that thing.:smile:

Back