• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Any suggestion for oil change service in San Jose/Santa Clara area?

Time for the first oil change on my 92 and I want to find a place to do an oil change. Do you guys usually go to Jiffy Lube or back to Acura for an oil change?

Thanks!
Larry

mm....it's a really easy DIY. If you want someone to do it, make sure u get the OEM oil filter and Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. Here is a detailed write up on oil change.

good luck! :wink:

I have had some experience with this... most of it bad. As Shane noted, the NSX has a special filter. The problem I've had is that these places will generally install some sort of "compatible" filter... even if you specify that you want the OEM NSX filter.

Also, looking at the link Shane posted, I noticed that it details replacing the "crush washer". Unless this is something that is common to Acura's (I'd never heard of it before) I'd be willing to bet that they probably don't do that either.

My suggestion would be... Take it to whomever you are comfortable with working on your NSX, but bring them the right parts for the job.

-Brian

Read the post on the July 9th event at Acura of Stockton they will be giving coupons for a free oil change for your NSX and much more so you should be there it should be a big event an alot of fun even media coverage

larrynsx said:
Time for the first oil change on my 92 and I want to find a place to do an oil change. Do you guys usually go to Jiffy Lube or back to Acura for an oil change?

Thanks!
Larry

Just bring your own favorite brand of oil into Stevens Creek Acura if you're in the south bay and have them do it. Minimal wait, no mess, and they take care of the hazardous material disposal.

Never take it to one of those quickie joints. Too many horror stories as posted here and on some other boards.

Back