• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody been to Bora Bora?

I'm going there for my honeymoon, so if anybody's been there, chime in and let me know what are the cool things to do. We're staying at the bora bora nui resort, on overwater bungalows! Can't wait!

i went there when i was like 14 with my friends family. it was awesome, really beautiful. we went scuba diving, swimming with sting rays, went on a jeep tour, and went scuba diving with sharks outside of the barrier reef.

Yes, it's warm beautiful and unless you live for the beach and water sports it's lacking in other things to do. Bring ANYTHING you may need as you will find incidentals to be quite expensive.

I'm going there for my honeymoon
Hey be sure and let us know how it went: uhh, what the island is like, not necessarily about the honeymoon. We are looking for a south Pacific dive destination and always interested in finding new, up and coming dive operations that haven't hit the mainstream yet.

Bora Bora is spectacular. Everything you ever imagined about a South Pacific island paradise -- Bora Bora is it. I'm not into exxxtrrreme sports or hoppin' nightlife -- all I wanted to do is laze around the lagoon. We did rent bicycles for a day and ride around the island -- it's about 20 miles, easy riding.

About the expensive incidentals -- yeah, they are, but compared to the cost of your overwater bungalow they're probably not that big of a deal. Bring what you can, but don't sweat it if you forgot something.

I got the package that includes breakfast and dinner, so from what I hear, the most important incidentals are meals. I was also advised to buy my own snorkel gear instead of renting it. What else should I bring?

After looking at the bill, I realized I could've bought a set of genuine NSX-R NA2 seats...CRAP!

I went last year. I'm not married or anything, just went with a GF.

I was lucky in that the St. Regis had just opened and they were giving a 300 dollar a day credit to guests for activities and food to compensate for their staff's lack of polish (everyone was in training but they were great anyway).

The bungalow was unreal, the water is unreal, and the price tag was unreal. :eek: I heard that the Bora Bora Nui was a great spot to stay. I took a jeep trip up to the top of the island, that was nice. Jet skiing was a blast.

It was worth the cost though - stunningly beautiful.

I was there a couple years ago and stayed at Hotel Bora Bora. The hotel wasn't the newest in the area but the service and small number of guests around and on the beach was well worth it.

It is a beautiful place.

Back