• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody have the Sharp LCD 52" 64U?

I've got one - driven by an Xbox 360, a DirecTV HD turner, and a Plix 3000 HD Media Center PC. The image quality is very good - but I also purchased it because it fit within a 1/32 of an inch - on all 4 sides - in my family room built-in A/V cabinet. It couldn't have fit any better had I a custom developed display.

I don't have any of the banding issues that plagued 2006 models of the Aquos product line. Great TV at a very competitive price.

The 52" is on sale for $2399 shipping and taxes included. Can't beat that one.

Yeah I heard about the banding issues. I hope I have the later serial numbered ones so the banding is not a problem. Fingers crossed. Anybody else?

I just bought one. We had deep discount for employee discount delivered for just under $2k. It is thin, light anyways. I just haven't really seen true 1080p to it yet. I only have a 1080i upconvert. one of the channels on cable is 1080i and the picture is pretty nice.

-VCV

I had one about 6 months ago for a day, yet it was two inches too tall for my cabinet lift (fit perfect in width though) therefore I had to downsize to the 46". :frown: The 46" looks tiny compared to the 52".

The Sharps have a great picture quality -- deep blacks -- and although I'm on my 2nd 46" due to banding I love this one.

Back