• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone buying guns?

I thought about getting a shotgun but I rather get an AR :biggrin:.

I do have two handguns already could used a bigger piece for the home protection :wink:.

I seem to remember this conversation when you and i were at Cars & Coffee Plano a couple of years back :)

My wife picked up a Smith and Wesson Governor... 6 shots, 45 Auto and/or 410 with a built in trace laser in the handle.. very comfortable... not a conceal and carry, but great home defense. I also picked up a pt740 Taurus at Cheaper Than Dirt. Same punch as my Glock 27, but much, much slimmer... almost the same as my Diamond Back 380...

As they say, I'd rather have too much than not enough...so go big!

Hope you're doing well...I've been hanging with the Italian guys at C&C... but haven't been for a while. My new C&C ride below, broke tradition and went white.

Attachments

• DSC00587.jpg
    DSC00587.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 267
Well, I've been thinking about selling one of my AR's to make room for one on order. If I can ever get a realistic ETA on it, I'll post it up on gunbroker or GA.

There is absolutely nothing at my fav local gun store. There are literally 30-40 people standing around looking at air rifles and high end double barreled shotguns. Wait...they did get a box of tacticool marlin stainless lever actions in 45-70. They were actually kinda good looking.

I struggle with selling anything,,, just seems that replacing anything will get too hard in the future.

although you should be able to get top dollar for your AR...

Was Anti Guns until a month ago....

Wassup Brent?

I know the Vibe! I was Anti Guns for 99% of my life. Until the right to have them
has been the hot topic.... I really didn't care to own one until the past few weeks.
I have purchased 4 in the last 3 weeks. I take my CHL at Cabela's this Sunday...LOL!
I have 2 more coming this week.... So far I have purchased 1 M&P15OR, 1 M&P9mm
and 1 M&P22LR to blow rounds out of. My Wife even purchased her 1st Firearm /
Ruger SR22 to learn with last week. Both of us Anti Guns until now.

I tell you what has been the strangest feeling.... Going to Cabela's, Cheaper than Dirt,
Academy & Bass Pro only to find businessmen just like me in a suit and tie that have
no idea what they're looking for / looking at but all sharing the same feeling.

Attachments

• MP 9 & 22LR.jpg
    MP 9 & 22LR.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 54
  • MP15OR.jpg
    MP15OR.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 47
I grabbed a Five seveN before they get scarce.

I like it so much I made a custom pair of Oakleys to match:

Though they match my Desert Warrior as well...

love that gun and round

Going to Cabela's, Cheaper than Dirt,
Academy & Bass Pro only to find businessmen just like me in a suit and tie that have

I find it more beautiful, some find it frightening :) Over the last month a lot of friends (some not even that close) have been reaching out to me to help guide their way through making their first purchase. The majority of the people are very successful and/or business owners, I started noticing that was the common trend (probably coincidence). Perhaps it's those who always had the most security are now feeling the most threatened? Either way, the sentiment is too wide spread to write off to a few southern radicals as it normally has been in the past.

I find it more beautiful, some find it frightening :) Over the last month a lot of friends (some not even that close) have been reaching out to me to help guide their way through making their first purchase. The majority of the people are very successful and/or business owners, I started noticing that was the common trend (probably coincidence). Perhaps it's those who always had the most security are now feeling the most threatened? Either way, the sentiment is too wide spread to write off to a few southern radicals as it normally has been in the past.

As a certified CCW instructor I too am asked for guidance frequently and I steer mostly everyone towards a S & W Bodyguard. While I have a nice assortment to choose from, this is my DD also. If someone that I help get into the hobby is not going to go to the range frequently and "burn-in" what it takes to carry or even own for home defense a semi-automatic handgun then the revolver is the right call IMO.

I'm also a business owner with a building in a commercial area. When I stay late- as owners often do- by the time I leave the area is a ghost town. If anything happened there would be absolutely nobody to come to my aid and I feel lots better with my Bodyguard Airweight on my person.

Wassup Brent?

I know the Vibe! I was Anti Guns for 99% of my life. Until the right to have them
has been the hot topic.... I really didn't care to own one until the past few weeks.
I have purchased 4 in the last 3 weeks. I take my CHL at Cabela's this Sunday...LOL!
I have 2 more coming this week.... So far I have purchased 1 M&P15OR, 1 M&P9mm
and 1 M&P22LR to blow rounds out of. My Wife even purchased her 1st Firearm /
Ruger SR22 to learn with last week. Both of us Anti Guns until now.

I tell you what has been the strangest feeling.... Going to Cabela's, Cheaper than Dirt,

Damn you obtained some nice hardware........Impressive

If someone that I help get into the hobby is not going to go to the range frequently and "burn-in" what it takes to carry or even own for home defense a semi-automatic handgun then the revolver is the right call IMO.

Damn good advice...and probably why I own 3 handguns...all revolvers. May not be the ultimate in defense...but should provide all I will ever need.

New arrival, teaser... :wink:

steyrbox.jpg

Last edited:
Back