• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else ordering an AR today?

Looks nice. We can't own real firearms here in the Republik of Kalifornia. We can only own neutered versions of AR's(fixed 10 rd. or internal non-removable mag) and even that is questionable depending on your local DA.

Last edited:
Assault rifles and baby lotion on one table. Does life get any better?

Assault rifles and baby lotion on one table. Does life get any better?

Baby lotion-check, wind vane-check, baby bottle-check,otc meds-check........decked out AR-15-check:eek:

Looks nice. We can't own real firearms here in the Republik of Kalifornia. We can only own neutered versions of AR's(fixed 10 rd. or internal non-removable mag) and even that is questionable depending on your local DA.

But we can, of course if you fall within the criteria of those few rare exceptions. ;)

Baby lotion-check, wind vane-check, baby bottle-check,otc meds-check........decked out AR-15-check:eek:

Seemingly incongruous to you DocJohn, but this to shall be revealed!

My AR is 7.62x39 from the Colt factory. As such, I have a little :wink: ammo for it and wanted something in the same caliber to augment it besides my SKS. When I was at the SHOT show I saw a Century Arms bullpup and asked my local gunshop to place one on order for me. Eight months later I got tired or waiting and bought one new on GunBroker for $550.00:

picture.php

It's an AK dropped into a synthetic stock with a trigger mechanism extension to move the trigger forward.
Pros: nice/ common/ cheap/ powerful caliber, cost, zeroed in from the factory (surprise), easy to shoot from the hip or shoulder and EASY to shoot accurately and instinctively with one hand if necessary (if you're carrying something important with the other hand- like a child or a weathervane), size (28") allows it to go places other long arms won't without sacrificing stopping power to achieve a small footprint.
Cons: Trigger gets hot as hell after about 120 rounds since it is located at the business end of the affair (I might make an asbestos "bootie" for it), likes aftermarket plastic mags better than standard issue metal AK's, tight trigger guard (which I might rework a bit with a dremel and epoxy to move the front of the guard forward- definately not glove-friendly).

It may wind up being what I use to get to my AR- then it's on. :tongue:

I went and shot the baby-lotioned-baby-bottled-AR on Monday and it shot great. Had one FTF from a bad round (mark on primer but no ignition). So I let it sit there for a couple of minutes. I'll chalk that up to bad ammo (reloads). Gun shot low though so I'll have to adjust elevation. I want to zero it at 50 yards so I'll have to find a bigger range.

Learned a couple of things:
- this thing needs a good optic cuz shooting through iron sights sucks.
- AR's are a b*tch to clean (maybe I just need the right tools).
- even in an indoor 25 yard range, they're a blast to shoot.

- AR's are a b*tch to clean (maybe I just need the right tools).

This coming from a guy who hand polished his NSX exhaust in his living room. :wink:

This coming from a guy who hand polished his NSX exhaust in his living room.

And will do so again this winter. ;)

Time for some cool optics.:wink:

Suggestions? I'm leaning towards an ACOG but, wow, are they pricey. I like the EO Techs as well but there isn't any magnification unless you mount a magnifier. And I don't want to add any more unnecessary weight.

Trijicon is on the top of my want list for magnification. I have the eotech 553 w/quick release {cool factor:rolleyes:} plus my guns barrel is only 7" so it's basicly a close quarters gun anyway. I cringed at the $600 price tag but I'm such an impulse buyer. {See my sig}:rolleyes: My colts only a 9mm but for the 223/556, bite your lip and get the trijicon. They offer several magnification choices. You are right though, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.:biggrin:

Slightly off topic , but worth the watch -

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WKLXCHgOiA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-WKLXCHgOiA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love my ar. When they went banned i though i would never get one. Gotta love the loop holes cause you need them here in cali. Thank you for the bullet button. The fixed mag is bs. I know this is to slow crime or what ever buy ppls will still get automatics on the black market if they really want them.

Heard some more grumblings about the Obama admin working on reinstating the "assault weapon" ban and remembered this thread. Which struck me funny because I see more and more hunters using ARs in the bigger calibers. I'm starting to think all of the firearms vendors will be voting Democratic to "scare" up business. ;)

Since the original posting of this thread, I've picked up a HK45C and a leftie Noveske Recon. Still looking at building a Garand for my Gramps.

Last edited:
I want an M4 :)

Back