• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone ever vacationed at the Moon Palace Cancun?

My brother recently got engaged and his fiance is planning a destination wedding at the moon palace cancun. From the reviews I have read the place doesn't sound the greatest. Since We'll be taking a week off My wife and I would much rather spend my vacation at a really nice resort. Anyone have any thoughts?

I had been there many moons ago. It is a nice place.

The only draw back that I had was the water system was not that clean but that is the common thing in Cancun.

Recently, there are lot of violences involving drug-lords in Mexico so I don't think it is a best place to visit for now but that is just me :wink:

I had been there many moons ago. It is a nice place.

The only draw back that I had was the water system was not that clean but that is the common thing in Cancun.

Recently, there are lot of violences involving drug-lords in Mexico so I don't think it is a best place to visit for now but that is just me :wink:

Thanks for the reply. The drug cartel violence is also a concern!

believe it or not one of the nicest( guest services) ritz we have stayed at is in Cancun. Compared to other ritz resorts the pricing is also not bad.

I have a membership there. I can refer people there and they get a $1500 resort credit. (as long as you are over 35). Let me know if you are interested.

The moon palace is pretty nice, but the beach isn't the nicest. The golf course is really nice and the spa is cool.

I am from Cancun, I grew up there and work the hotel/clubs industry for years.
I will give the palace a 7 out of 10 overall, and the violence and drug cartel stuff it's pretty minimal in the riviera .

The government invest ALOT of money there to keep the trouble to a minimum. Between undercover Feds and juridic police, tourist are fairly safe, as much as any other part of the world you would travel..

Oh, check paraiso de la Bonita .. Your wife will love you.

Enjoy your stay,

-MSR

I've never been to Moon Palace but I have seen their reviews plenty of time and it just never grabbed me.

We stayed in "The Royal in Cancun" back in 2009. All inclusive hotel that is for adults only. Awesome food, 6 or 7 restaurants and all are amazing. This is the hotel that is truly all inclusive. The rooms are really nice with jacuzzi inside, staff are excellent but then again, I think most staffs in Cancun are great in general. Alcohol downstairs, in the pool, beach, and in your rooms, ALL FREE! Lots of ammenities, things to do at the hotel and they have games/sports throughout the day.

I highly recommend this one especially if this is your first time!!

We also went to ME by Melia earlier this year and it was fine also but food is not as good, less restaurants, hotel is smaller and therefore a lot less ammenities. It was about $300-400 cheaper than The Royal but I would've paid more in a heart beat if I knew about it.

Next year we are planning to head back out there and stay at the Royal again. That place left a really good taste in our mouth that we just have to go back.

Advise: Arrange a shuttle service from the airport to your hotel. Disregard anybody else once landed in the airport, people will hound you for time share, etc. Go straight outside and find your shuttle service whatever company name that be. Your shuttle company's name will be all over on their employees t-shirt, so only talk to those people.

Say no to "tours" in your hotel, timeshare. I spent half a day with this agent telling me how good this deal was.. blah blah blah. The only good news was that I got $100 credit, not bad but it may not be worth your time. It might be your thing, it wasn't for me but I thought I should share that to you as well.

Have fun. People go to Hawaii, we go to Cancun. I love Cancun.

Nim

I took my family there about 5 years ago. It was nice but not great. I preferred the places in Cancun itself to the area where the Moon palace was located at.

I just got back from Cancun, we stayed at the Beach Palace. We have also stayed at the Moon palace. It's a nice resort with a great golf course but the beach sucks. If you are looking at spending time in the beach then I would recommend the Beach Palace. The other nice thing about the palace resorts is that you can hop between each resort and eat at all the restaurants for free. Don't worry about the cartels, there is plenty of security in hotel areas.

Back