• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone familiar with this '92 for sale at Audi Central? JH4NA1156NT000107

Hi Guys,

Anyone familiar with this car? This is my first post, however I have been browsing the site for the last 6 months educating myself. I fell in love with the NSX when it first came out when I was 15 years old (still have the original Motor Trend maganize I would read everyday featuring the NSX) and I am finally in the position to make the dream come true. There hasn't been much selection in Houston, but this one finally came up and I went it looked at it. I'm not entirely sure what to expect as it is the first NSX I have sat in in 16 years. The car seemed clean, but the test drive was rather short and unproductive due to it being rush hour on a Friday...basically just sat in traffic. I plan on going back for a more lengthly test drive, but was hopefully others may be familar with the the history of this car. The Carfax shows the car had regular maintenance, but not much detail on what type of maintenance and there aren't any service records. The dealer said it is a 2 owner car, but Carfax suggest there were 5 if I am interpreting it correctly

There seems to be a ton knowledge on this board so I am hopefull that others may have information and/or have also looked at the vehicle.

Thanks!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[ACURA[NSX[]][]]&listingId=373014288&Log=0

Hey txbuckeye, welcome to the forum. A lot of times you can get previous info in a car by putting the vin number in the search box, but in this case nothing came up. The car looks good in pictures, maybe you can work the price down some but it's reasonably priced for a dealer. I would recommend you take it to Carl for a PPI before purchase. Google C&M Honda, they are in Stafford and Carl works on a lot of the local NSXs here and has been doing it for years, plus you pay less because it's not a dealership service branch. The timing belt and water pump service is probably the most important so you should find out when it was done last or when it's due again, don't go by mileage, the belt is made of rubber and rubber degrades over time so if it's never been done because mileage is still low then you have a brittle, decaying 22 year old belt holding the engine from catastrophe. TB/WP service is about $1500 so if it's way overdue then you can use it as leverage when negotiating the price. Carl will let you know what else the car may need or how good it is at the moment. Also, I suggest you post this thread on the main car history category so that anybody that may have knowledge can post, instead of just the houston subforum. Good luck on your search, and once you find the right NSX you will not be disappointed.

ysoslow - what do you think is a fair price for a '92 with 37k miles and no records of service history other than a Carfax? I know it's difficult to pinpoint without seeing the car, but I am curious to what you think is a fair range?

My advise when looking for any type of pre-owned car is to not be in a hurry. Spend time doing research so that you understand the differences in the model years and understand the market and pricing. It is always important to me to know why there are price differences and to know where are the high and low price points.
Also, how important is it to you to know the history (how many owners, service history, etc.) and original VS. modified condition.
Be prepared to search the market outside of Houston.
The best prices are in the fall and winter when people decide they would rather sell than to store their car.
Lots of folks with great expertise and advise here on NSXPrime and people in other parts of the country that are willing to look at a car for you. I have done that for a guy in CA that was looking at a car here in Houston.
Good luck and let us know how it is going.

What Houstonbuckeye says. :)

Back