• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone had FI done at AOB?

Anyone out there in NSX land willing to discuss their experience with FI done by Acura of Brookfield? Got some $$$ burning proverbial hole in proverbial pocket.

I haven't had that done, but I've had a lot of other work done there, and they are a terrific shop, very knowledgeable and not overly expensive either. They are the only place in the Midwest that I would go for FI installation on an NSX. They've got way more experience at it than anyone else; they've installed over 40 of the Comptech supercharger, plus another 5 or so of the BaschBoost.

With all due respect to Ken, AOB if you are going with a Comptech but if you considering turbo, I would consider ELITE in Minneapolis or Lovefab in Traverse City, MI. Cody at Lovefab has done a number of cars including OBD2 cars and Momin is currently completing an OBD2 car as well. The problem? with a turbo system is that yiou will need to go with an external EMS while with the Comptech, you can always use the boost dependent fuel pressure regulator even though the AEM has produced more HP. You would have to contact AOB to see determine their comfort level with tuning an AEM.

Tim

jorligan said:
The problem? with a turbo system is that yiou will need to go with an external EMS while with the Comptech, you can always use the boost dependent fuel pressure regulator even though the AEM has produced more HP.
The other problem with a turbo system is that every one is a custom, unique installation. Compare that with the Comptech supercharger, which has hundreds of pretty much identical units in use. Having several hundred installations enables the vendor to get all the bugs out and make it into a true "plug and play" solution, in which you needn't experience any problems. No turbo setup has that kind of experience base.

Furthermore, if you're going to get a custom setup which requires a lot of tuning to be successful, it's not a good idea to get it installed by a shop that's hundreds of miles away (for obvious reasons)...

nsxtasy said:
Furthermore, if you're going to get a custom setup which requires a lot of tuning to be successful, it's not a good idea to get it installed by a shop that's hundreds of miles away (for obvious reasons)...

GOSPEL!!!!!!!

Back