• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have any extra info on this car? JH4NA1159NT000666

I am considering this car as a possible purchase. the guy says he bought the car out of cali but he has no service records. does anyone know whos car this was? has the timing belt been changed? and idea about service records? he say the only problem with the car is the drivers door switch plate is busted? he quoted $450 for the fix. is this about right as well? any extra info would be appreciated. i am weary about buying a car with no service records and no idea about the timing belt. thanks guys.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=241909482&dealer_id=581222&car_year=1992&model=NSX&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=ACURA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=19382&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=30000&cardist=318

Re: Anyone have any extra info on this car?

Whats the CarFax look like?

Do you have the extra $2k to drive it (better yet, ship it) to a mechanic and have the timing belt replaced? Because even if it WAS replaced at 7 years, it needs it AGAIN now.

I hate the thought of buying a 16 year old car with no maintenance record from a small stealership......

I would never buy an Exotic or a sports car with no records. It may be a good car but where are the records?

The Expansion tank looks original some of the bolts look rusted out in the engine bay so its not been garaged.

I say wait and find one with records pay a little more and get a nice car.

Carfax and auto check is manditory though its not gaurantee, I have seen some cars with no accidents in carfax and showing one in auto check and vise versa. lol

Whats the CarFax look like?

Do you have the extra $2k to drive it (better yet, ship it) to a mechanic and have the timing belt replaced? Because even if it WAS replaced at 7 years, it needs it AGAIN now.

I hate the thought of buying a 16 year old car with no maintenance record from a small stealership......

that kind of what im thinking. might want to pass unless someone chimes in as it being theirs and knows about all the service???? ill car fax it as well!

182129843_49cf2e8646-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Man I saw the tag number too whoa its the car from??????(nah im sure its not car from hell)

First off the guy is not telling you the truth about where he got it! I have any info on it you want. It was bought last month at the repo sale at adesa auction in cleveland ohio. I was there bidding on it. It has had severe front end damage. Just have the seller take pics of the front frame rails and you will see. It also has a scratch on drivers rear quarter and bumper cover. It had the entire glove box ripped off of it along with some wiring damage to the wires near the glove box( dash harness). The drivers side window switches and vents were ripped out of the car also. Had an aftermarket stereo in it with no sound coming out of it. There were people there beating the shit out of it befopre it ran throught the sale.. Must have had 30 people drive it down the test track at full throttle. I was hoping to steal it and make it into a track car but it went for rediculous money!!!!!!!!!

I searched it on prime and found that it was for sale here for 27900 in 06. Looked at the car and was planning on buying it up to 17k but brought 6 grand more than that on the auction block by an internet bidder running up the cost without actually being there to see it. I am sure he was upset when he saw it.

If you need more info or have another question let me know..

Sorry but I would pass on this one! There are plenty in alot better shape.

I am considering this car as a possible purchase. the guy says he bought the car out of cali but he has no service records. does anyone know whos car this was? has the timing belt been changed? and idea about service records? he say the only problem with the car is the drivers door switch plate is busted? he quoted $450 for the fix. is this about right as well? any extra info would be appreciated. i am weary about buying a car with no service records and no idea about the timing belt. thanks guys.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=241909482&dealer_id=581222&car_year=1992&model=NSX&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=ACURA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=19382&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=30000&cardist=318

Since this was Vendetta's NSX, you should PM him regarding the history of this NSX (until he sold it).

thanks for all the info guys. after getting some more info i am def gonna pass on this one!

Back