• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have S2000 CR Shift Knob or Similar 'R'?

So here is another shift knob question aimed at Honda OEM knobs only.... I wanted to switch my shift knob to the NSX-Rish without the 'NSX-R' price tag. So looking for a cheaper alternative to the NSX-R one.

I already have these installed:

1. SOS Short Gear Stalk with Extended Threads
  2. SOS Short Shift Kit
  3. NSX-R mesh shift boot
  4. SOS Rapid knob then switched back to stock NA2 leather one till I find something else... didn't really like the feel of the tear drop.
In doing some research the closest OEM's I found are:

1. Pic#1 54102-S2A-C00 = S2000 CR shift knob yellow italic text aluminum I believe by far lookswise the closest cousin to the NSX-R knob.
  2. Pic#2 54102-S2A-E00 = Euro special edition shift knob exact same as S2000 CR but w/ red text.
  3. No Pic# for this one 54102-SMT-E011 = FG Civic Type R shift knob same as the E00 version but it sits 7mm lower.
  4. Pic#3 54102-SLO-Z10 = NSX-R NA2 non italic lettering titanium & jam nut 903010-ST7-Z00 from NSXPrime Wiki.
  5. Pic#4 54102-S30-N20 = Integra Type-R similar to stock leather 5spd red stitching.
  6. Pic#5 Part#? = Zanardi / Type-S Shift Knob.
If you have anymore part #'s please share them I will add to my unofficial list above keeping in mind Honda OEM knobs.

I'm welcoming all comments on which one of these do you may have? I really like the S2000 CR Knob and how similar is it to the NSX-R in looks but no italic print and not Titanium like NSX-R which is fine, but not sure about height, size, how weighted, and positioning etc?

Thanks,

Attachments

• S2K_CR_Knob_54102-S2A-C003.jpg
    S2K_CR_Knob_54102-S2A-C003.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 457
  • S2_Red_p1.jpg
    S2_Red_p1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 487
  • NSX-R_Shift_knob_and_nut.jpg
    NSX-R_Shift_knob_and_nut.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 558
  • Integra_R_Shift_Knob.JPG
    Integra_R_Shift_Knob.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 459
  • Zanardi_TypeS.jpg
    Zanardi_TypeS.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 547
i has the SOS Rapid shift knob for a few years. i was great with the OEM boot. I switched to the nsx-r mesh knob boot and the boot wouldn't stay up. I wanted nsx-r knob but didn't want to pay that much for it, plus i didnt like the yellow letters. I bought the civic type r one(your second pic) and love it!! I got it new for 50 bucks i think. Its not Ti like the nsx-r one but i cant really see a difference other than the letter coloring. It's the best knob i've had so far and i've had about 4!!:smile:

I see that in your description pic 2 is the s200 knob, i thought it was the civic type r knob.

Last edited:
I have the S2000 shift knob with red lettering. So far I can't complain. My NSX did not have the stock knob when I bought it, but just a plain stainless steel (I think) knob with no lettering.

Not much more I can say. It is just a shift knob.

i has the SOS Rapid shift knob for a few years. i was great with the OEM boot. I switched to the nsx-r mesh knob boot and the boot wouldn't stay up. I wanted nsx-r knob but didn't want to pay that much for it, plus i didnt like the yellow letters. I bought the civic type r one(your second pic) and love it!! I got it new for 50 bucks i think. Its not Ti like the nsx-r one but i cant really see a difference other than the letter coloring. It's the best knob i've had so far and i've had about 4!!:smile:

I see that in your description pic 2 is the s200 knob, i thought it was the civic type r knob.

I think that pic is correct and its S2K but I think the Civic Type R is similar if not the same I'm trying to understand the 7mm lower thing too?

Do you have any pics and part number to share?

i bought an "R" replica from Dali (in titanium) and i love it! ( and it doesn't have the H-pattern on it which i like seeing as i have an NA1) they also offer it in aluminum and steel i think!

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1560
link to steel one

Cool thanks he offers in Ti, Aluminum, & Steel how 'weighted' is the feel of it? I wanted one close to OEM-ish with the shift pattern on it.

I have the S2000 shift knob with red lettering. So far I can't complain. My NSX did not have the stock knob when I bought it, but just a plain stainless steel (I think) knob with no lettering.

Not much more I can say. It is just a shift knob.

Nice I think this might be the one I'm looking for I like the red over the yellow lettering. Any Pics or Part #?

Last edited:
Nice I think this might be the one I'm looking for I like the red over the yellow lettering. Any Pics or Part #?

This is the only pic I have online at the moment. I chose the red lettering to match the steering wheel.
shifter.jpg

There was a previous thread on here about using the S2000 knob and listed some sited to purchase it. I think I paid about $55 US + shipping for it. As you can see, I elected to leave the shift boot down and leave the gear lever shaft exposed. Since you have the extended threads on your lever, you can use a lock nut to keep the shift boot in place.

Edit:

Another pic:
nsx08.jpg

Last edited:
I have an original Zanardi titanium shift knob and boot bought from Tustin Acura 10 years ago let me know if you are interested I paid full retail price and it is now now longer available it was produced only for the Zanardi which I believe only 50 were produced for the US only. I won't part the knob from the boot it is a set.

I have an original Zanardi titanium shift knob and boot bought from Tustin Acura 10 years ago let me know if you are interested I paid full retail price and it is now now longer available it was produced only for the Zanardi which I believe only 50 were produced for the US only. I won't part the knob from the boot it is a set.

Still available part # 54102-SL0-Z03, Dali also sells them too http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1074

That is be a rare piece to have the original, personally I'm still trying to find something closer to the 'R' round knob. Looks like SOS's has something of their own variety.

SOS's New Version Zanardi:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Zanardi_knob/

This might be closer to what I'm looking for:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/Honda/CR_aluminum/

securedownload-5.jpg

I have the SOS NSX-R replica. It has the clips machined into it so the boot attaches to the bottom for the knob just like the factory Knob.

I think SOS may have discontinued them.

I have the SOS NSX-R replica. It has the clips machined into it so the boot attaches to the bottom for the knob just like the factory Knob.

I think SOS may have discontinued them.

I didn't ask them if the replica was still avail? I just ordered the CR Aluminum (S2000) from SOS comes with the jam nut also hopefully it fits like stock, we'll find out come spring time.

I didn't ask them if the replica was still avail? I just ordered the CR Aluminum (S2000) from SOS comes with the jam nut also hopefully it fits like stock, we'll find out come spring time.

You may have to remove the dash to install the jam nut to behind factory boot.

I just had to spin mine on till tight, and clip the factory boot on. Also the S2k I think sit higher then the NSX-R replica from SOS. The threads go deeper into the knob on the SOS then the S2k.

the big difference is weight. the s2000 cr is aluminum with different font and the nsx type r is titanium and much heaver. the shifting in the nsx feels much better with the heavier knob, so much so that honda fitted a special heavy shift knob from the factory on the 04 and 05 nsx's.

Back