• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have this Seibon CF NSX-R wing?

mine fit well, quality is nice the third brake light wire was on the correct side. i took mine to a local body shop and had them reclear it. im happy with my seibon tr carbon spoiler.

i just got mine about 2 months ago on ebay (different seller) and mine had the wire on the WRONG side, plus one of the corners was slightly cracked in shipping (I fixed it though). fitment was ok (good enough to keep). on a school grading system, it'd get a 75-80, passing but no straight As.

Mine fits well. No yellowing. Starting to show some wear on the leading edge and there is some minor bubbling at one of the seams. If I keep the R spoiler, will eventually replace it with a Downforce unit or have this one repainted. Don't know if it can be salvaged in regards to the clear coat.

Mine fits well. No yellowing. Starting to show some wear on the leading edge and there is some minor bubbling at one of the seams. If I keep the R spoiler, will eventually replace it with a Downforce unit or have this one repainted. Don't know if it can be salvaged in regards to the clear coat.

How long have you had it? Is the Downforce one much better quality?

Did FedEx ever find your springs?

Last edited:
mine fit well, quality is nice the third brake light wire was on the correct side. i took mine to a local body shop and had them reclear it. im happy with my seibon tr carbon spoiler.

mine fit well, quality is nice the third brake light wire was on the correct side. i took mine to a local body shop and had them reclear it. im happy with my seibon tr carbon spoiler. That is exactly what I was going to say word for word. Reclear the thing.

I've had mine for 2 years now.

had mine for 1yr 1month to date. no peeling or bubbling..clearcoat still good..had to rewire the brake light to correct side...other then that, it fits good..no gap..
i'm looking to get rid of it..going back to stock.. pm me if you're interested..i still have the original shipping box from seibon too..
here are some picture i have of it so far.. i lost the charger to my digi camera so i can't take anymore pic.
DSC03990.jpg

DSC03991.jpg

How long have you had it? Is the Downforce one much better quality?

Did FedEx ever find your springs?

3 years. I got it with a group buy and it was cheap, wan't sure if I wanted the NSX-R wing, still not sure if I like it. The Downforce ones I have seen (Just one) was clearly of higher quality but obviously of much greater price. If I decide I want to keep the R wing, I will get the Downforce if I stay with CF or paint the one I have if I go to blue.

No springs. Awaiting insurance claim.

One thing to keep in mind is that this spoiler does not have the aerofoil shape of the factory spoiler. This shape was designed by Honda through wind tunnel testing, documented by the NSX-R technical articles. This was preserved by the Downforce spoiler, as it was molded off a factory unit.

Besides the aerodynamic advantages, this curved shape of the factory/Downforce spoiler fits the lines of the NSX much better than the flat shape of the Seibon unit. The differences between the two are quite striking when you see them mounted in person on a NSX.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Downforce/NSX-R_spoiler/

-- Chris

I am sure the df one is much better. It is also 3x the price. I would guess the procar version is probably better than the df version also since it is 4x the price.

For now I think I will be happy with seibon. We'll see.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRIMEAUTOPARTS guy on ebay:eek:. I bought a wing and it was cracked along the seems. It was fixed by a backyard repairman with elmers glue, which I had to clean off. I contacted Kevin Ma, the owner and he refused to take it back. Now, I have a $500.00 wing mounted on my garage wall for display. The was the worst experience ever!

had mine for 1yr 1month to date. no peeling or bubbling..clearcoat still good..had to rewire the brake light to correct side...other then that, it fits good..no gap..
i'm looking to get rid of it..going back to stock.. pm me if you're interested..i still have the original shipping box from seibon too..
here are some picture i have of it so far.. i lost the charger to my digi camera so i can't take anymore pic.
DSC03990.jpg

DSC03991.jpg
if buyer dont come thru i might take it off your hands.depend on the price.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back