• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in Central Texas with a supercharged NSX?

Hey, I am looking at making "the plunge", and would love to check out a few supercharged NSXs locally before I go head over heels here.
biggrin.gif

Anyone in Central Texas have a supercharged NSX that they would like to show off? Basch, Comptech, and GruppeM are all in the running.

Would gladly trade dinner for a test drive. Now, dinner and a movie, well...
smile.gif

Define "central Texas". :)

Come to NSXPO in Dallas in a couple of weeks. You can see units from GruppeM, Comptech and BaschBoost side by side. I'm sure that owners would be glad to give you a ride. In the small "DallasNSX" group we have here, there is one GruppeM owner, one Comptech and 3 BaschBoost owners, so you can always see one of those units if you come up here.

I also personally know another BaschBoost owner in San Antonio, and of course, Andy Vecsey's "monster" BaschBoost which had the same treatment as Marc Weinberg's which was written up in NSX Driver. He's in Houston. Both people will be at NSXPO, as well.

What exactly are you looking for? Opinions? Rides/drives?

EDR

I plan to come up for a day during NSXPo, but don't think I will be able to stay for long - the timing is poor with my job requirements - product slipped, and we have to catch up...

However, I would love to come up sometime - are you still meeting on Thursday evenings, was it? I am looking for both opinions and rides/drives. The only boosted NSX I have been in was David Bernert's.
smile.gif

I am a boring driver,
smile.gif
and the NSX is my only car, so I am looking for a boost solution that would give me more power around town, in the RPM ranges I spend most of my time. However, I know that the Basch Boost has come some way from the NSteXPO dyno day, and would like to see where they currently are at. I was originally on the pre-purchase for the Basch Boost, but the boost curve from the dyno day really changed my mind, as my normal power band seemed awfully close to stock, and lagged far behind the other two superchargers.

Originally posted by burbel:
I plan to come up for a day during NSXPo, but don't think I will be able to stay for long

Understand that if you haven't registered for NSXPO, you can't "get in". The only time you'll really be able to "visit" is as a spectator at the track portion of the event, on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

However, I would love to come up sometime - are you still meeting on Thursday evenings, was it?

We moved it to Wednesdays so more people could attend (don't ask me to explain that... I didn't make the decision). Starbucks @ TX-114 and MacArthur Blvd in Irving. 7:30PM. Next get together (November) is pre-empted by NSXPO.

EDR

Back