• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in socal done the "Hugabuga" window mod yet?

There are at LEAST 3 of us with the kit right now. Myself, eddidynsx, and CDX_NSX. We were going to try and do the same thing the NorCal'ers did and get a Window day together.

There are at LEAST 3 of us with the kit right now. Myself, eddidynsx, and CDX_NSX. We were going to try and do the same thing the NorCal'ers did and get a Window day together.

Sounds great, let us know how it turns out. I didn't get a chance to finish the thread yet, but I'll finish it tomorrow and see what is included in the kit and how much it is.

How long it take for the kit to arrive?

Thanks,

hey stephen..can you go get my car from my house and do mine too. Hope all is well socalers...giftedg from Hong Kong!

bc777: I ll be travelling this summer in the US for a coast-to-coast roadtrip!
I ll be in Southern California the 13th until the 19th August, so a regulator day around the 14-15th weekend would be great, if there is interest of course.
What do you think?
I ll bring some extra kits with me in my luggage, and would be glad to help you installing it:biggrin:
If anyone needs it now, it takes just 1week to get there!

SFDreamer: there are at least 11 of you with the kits in SoCal so far.
I lost track of the Prime nicknames as most paypal payments did not refer it, but I have the adresses to where I sent it:

LosAngeles Stephen Ramil
LosAngeles Artur Doyle
Malibu drew
Torrance Fastraxturbo
La Mirada eddidynsx
Glendora CDX_NSX
Alhambra RYU
S Diego Lifnot
Irvine Redrocket
Westminster AndyH
Tustin Son Nguyen

Last edited:
I ll be in Southern California the 13th until the 19th August, so a regulator day around the 14-15th weekend would be great, if there is interest of course.
What do you think?
I ll bring some extra kits with me in my luggage, and would be glad to help you installing it:biggrin:

I lost track of the Prime nicknames as most paypal payments did not refer it, but I have the adresses to where I sent it:

LosAngeles Stephen Ramil
LosAngeles Artur Doyle
Malibu drew
Torrance Fastraxturbo
La Mirada eddidynsx
Glendora CDX_NSX
Alhambra Regan Yukoklian
S Diego Lifnot
Irvine Redrocket
Westminster AndyH
Tustin Son Nguyen

You got PM.

What do you think?

LosAngeles Stephen Ramil
LosAngeles Artur Doyle
Malibu drew
Torrance Fastraxturbo
La Mirada eddidynsx
Glendora CDX_NSX
Alhambra RYU
S Diego Lifnot
Irvine Redrocket
Westminster AndyH
Tustin Son Nguyen
Snap! if Hugo wants to make a cameo to Socal then I can step up and volunteer my place near LMU. Construction should be done by then but there will be little to no furniture. Just lots of beer in the fridge. Probably better so all you crazy socal primers don't mess anything up!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That place is not huge but it has a flat driveway for two cars and a two car garage. The trees are still babies so there won't be much shade unfortunately.

Aug 14, Saturday, 9am good for everyone?

If someone else would like to volunteer their place I won't take offense at all. I'm just stepping up and making use of the rare opportunity to have Hugo there himself. Would love to have you guys over regardless.

NOTE: BYOT (bring your own tools). There won't be enough... Perhaps Hugo can give a run-down of the bare essential sockets sizes, hand tools, pliers, panel poppers, etc. If you need an obscure tool I probably will have it. PM me.

Last edited:
Snap! if Hugo wants to make a cameo to Socal then I can step up and volunteer my place near LMU. Construction should be done by then but there will be little to no furniture. Just lots of beer in the fridge. Probably better so all you crazy socal primers don't mess anything up!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That place is not huge but it has a flat driveway for two cars and a two car garage. The trees are still babies so there won't be much shade unfortunately.

Aug 14, Saturday, 9am good for everyone?

If someone else would like to volunteer their place I won't take offense at all. I'm just stepping up and making use of the rare opportunity to have Hugo there himself.

NOTE: BYOT (bring your own tools). There won't be enough... Perhaps Hugo can give a run-down of the bare essential sockets sizes, hand tools, pliers, panel poppers, etc.

Thanks to BOTH Ryu and Hugo for stepping up! I am for sure taking advantage. Don't really have a tool collection so I guess I'll have to bring some beer and food :).

Unfortunately, I work both Sat and Sun. I'm going to personally PM Hugo, and see if I can work something out with him. Hopefully Hugo will have some tools :wink:

Unfortunately, I work both Sat and Sun. I'm going to personally PM Hugo, and see if I can work something out with him. Hopefully Hugo will have some tools :wink:

You work ALL day both days? I am sure this will not be a short install party. You might have time to make it out after work.

He's on vacation... :)

Take a day off perhaps? I work on weekends also but I think this is worth it to have him and a few other owners be there in person. I know my way around cars and have been wrenching for too long to know I hate doing things more than once. The adjustment factor of this kit is what has held me back from doing this yet.

If I have that day open, I'll come down to help.
Tools that will be needed:
10mm wrench (Combo Gear Wrench makes it alot easier)
10mm socket, short extension, and ratchet (1/4" is fine)
Large flat blade screwdriver.
small flat blade screwdriver
#2 Phillips screwdriver
small L shaped pick (makes it easier to remove door insert panel)
paint pen or marker to mark position of regulator bolts and window bolts

I dont remember the size of the nut on Hugabuga's pulley- 3/8" maybe. either socket or wrench works.
Brake cleaner to clean the guides and regulator
Grease for the tracks and regulator (I like the teflon grease used for bicycle bearings)

Rags.
Thats all I can think of right now. For those that want to install the spindle sleeve in the motor, a drill press and fixture to hold the gears is highly recommended. I am going to test a different motor later to see if it is stronger than the original. Might help for those that have motors that have worn out brushes and burnt commutators.

I am going to test a different motor later to see if it is stronger than the original. Might help for those that have motors that have worn out brushes and burnt commutators.

Would love to have any info on this before the install party. If you get a chance to do it of course.

What do you think?

This would be great! We've been planning a "window day" for some time, but my schedule hasn't permitted it. A "regulator day" with Hugo would be perfect!

I'd volunteer my place, but I think that my driveway may be a problem for some (as some here may attest :tongue:).

If I am not doing anything those days then maybe we can do it at my place. I'll need another set anyways.

Back