• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone interested in a dyno day meet?

I've been wanting to get my other car dyno'd and since Carboy doesn't have an AWD dyno, I have to go to a place called Secret Services Auto. After talking to the guy on the phone, I got the price breakdown.
3 pulls with no wideband - $75 ($100 with it)
or rent the dyno for the day for $800.

I was thinking that if we could get at least 15 cars signed up, the price would be around $50 per person. Plus, this would give us a chance to have an excuse to meet up. We don't necessarily need 15 people from prime (I posted to see if there's interest from nagtroc).

Is anyone interested if the price would be around $50 for let's say 3 pulls. It takes about 30 minutes per car.
Who's interested?

Matt,

If you can wait until after the holidays (as I'll be out of town), I'd be interested in renting the whole thing if we can get enough interest.

We can make it a NSX meet and invite the out of towners. Also, I can get with NSXCA and see if we can offer some $ to help fund the Dyno for NSXCA members.

- Z

Matt,

Any more updates on this?
Maybe we could organize a Cars&Coffee meet next Saturday (January 8th, 2011) followed by this Dyno Day.

This will probably be in February sometime. Every weekend for me is booked for the rest of this month.
I still need to get an interested party list of at least 15 cars to make this work. There doesn't seem to be any interest from the GTR board. I'll check the local S2000 club.

u guys dont mind if bring my Frankenstein 3.6L for a dyno right? been wanting to get it dyno'd at a different location to see the difference.

what kind of dyno is it though?

Last edited:
i'll also post this is on supraforums to see how many members wanna join.

J Tran Studio has an all wheel dyno..... Mustang

they bought it from turbochargers.com

Johny is a great friend of mine and will beat that price for sure....he has had my red NSX on the dyno. A great supporter of the NSX and a lover of the car!!!!!!

Lets do it there please. He is also a Digital Designs dealer and a sponser of Henry's car club too!!!!

J Tran Studio has an all wheel dyno..... Mustang

they bought it from turbochargers.com

Johny is a great friend of mine and will beat that price for sure....he has had my red NSX on the dyno. A great supporter of the NSX and a lover of the car!!!!!!

Lets do it there please. He is also a Digital Designs dealer and a sponser of Henry's car club too!!!!

Yup, Jtran is a good shop. Good price for sure.

Back